Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stephen85

Hospitality - Banks lounge

Hi all, 

I was planning on getting my son (10)over to watch Leicester in the new year, was looking at the Ipswich match on the 20th jan … anyway the only way I’m going to be able to get 3 tickets is hospitality and was looking at the banks lounge , does anyone know if the view from the seats from the banks lounge are good view? 

kills me to pay £234 a ticket for the hospitality but seems the only way I’m going to get him over to a game.

thanks 

2 hours ago, Stephen85 said:

Hi all, 

I was planning on getting my son (10)over to watch Leicester in the new year, was looking at the Ipswich match on the 20th jan … anyway the only way I’m going to be able to get 3 tickets is hospitality and was looking at the banks lounge , does anyone know if the view from the seats from the banks lounge are good view? 

kills me to pay £234 a ticket for the hospitality but seems the only way I’m going to get him over to a game.

thanks 

Why is that your only option?

• Like 1

Well, at the moment I don’t have a memberships with the club and we would be travelling over from Northern Ireland for the game. It seems the tickets never go on general sale and from looking at resell tickets it would be hard to get 3 tickets together. 

so to allow me to book flights / hotel and be guaranteed tickets hospitality seems like the option.

12 hours ago, Stephen85 said:

Hi all, 

thanks 

See the gold block below.  I have been in the Banks Lounge a few times, food has always been good (carvery style) and you get hosted by a legend - was Ian Marshall but he was fired…

image.thumb.png.638dd7ea96d3a3649f248232c974834e.png

Edited by ratters

2 hours ago, Stephen85 said:

Well, at the moment I don’t have a memberships with the club and we would be travelling over from Northern Ireland for the game. It seems the tickets never go on general sale and from looking at resell tickets it would be hard to get 3 tickets together. 

so to allow me to book flights / hotel and be guaranteed tickets hospitality seems like the option.

Surely cheaper to buy 3x memberships and get regular tickets. Aside from the food etc, the lounges are quite dull when it comes to match atmosphere in my experience. That whole area around b1-b3 is full of zombies. Mildly clapping away with no enthusiasm. *awaits comments about that not being any different to the rest of the ground* 😂

Edited by phoneticerror

2 hours ago, phoneticerror said:

Surely cheaper to buy 3x memberships and get regular tickets. Aside from the food etc, the lounges are quite dull when it comes to match atmosphere in my experience. That whole area around b1-b3 is full of zombies. Mildly clapping away with no enthusiasm. *awaits comments about that not being any different to the rest of the ground* 😂

What’s the chances of getting tickets with no membership points? Say I buy 3 memberships, when the tickets come out for sale what is the likely chances of me getting 3 seats together …. Maybe I’m thinking wrong and have it in my head it will sell out really quickly , if I thought I could get tickets easy enough once I have membership I would 100% go that route. 

on another note, that match on the 20th jan , when would it be confirmed kick off times / day ? Just so I could book flights and hotel etc , thinking if I could get it sorted before Christmas my son would have a great Christmas present lol 

45 minutes ago, Stephen85 said:

What’s the chances of getting tickets with no membership points? Say I buy 3 memberships, when the tickets come out for sale what is the likely chances of me getting 3 seats together …. Maybe I’m thinking wrong and have it in my head it will sell out really quickly , if I thought I could get tickets easy enough once I have membership I would 100% go that route. 

on another note, that match on the 20th jan , when would it be confirmed kick off times / day ? Just so I could book flights and hotel etc , thinking if I could get it sorted before Christmas my son would have a great Christmas present lol 

It was possible when we were in the premier league to get 3 seats together with 0 points. You might have to be quick at 8am when they go on sale though if it’s a popular game.

Id wait for TV picks to be made in December before booking flights.

Edited by phoneticerror

1 hour ago, phoneticerror said:

It was possible when we were in the premier league to get 3 seats together with 0 points. You might have to be quick at 8am when they go on sale though if it’s a popular game.

Id wait for TV picks to be made in December before booking flights.

If it's Ipswich it could be a 'who sits at the top' after it. so likely to sell quickly.

On 04/11/2023 at 11:42, Stephen85 said:

It's likely that game will be Friday 19th or Sunday 21st as Tigers play at home the Saturday (so we can't).

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

It's likely that game will be Friday 19th or Sunday 21st as Tigers play at home the Saturday (so we can't).

Cheers for the heads up on this …. When the EFL announce there tv schedule for the period is that when you would find out about a fixture date change or is this something the club will say at a later date, if I can’t get him over for that game I would try the Swansea game at the end of jan instead. 

Thanks 

18 hours ago, Stephen85 said:

Cheers for the heads up on this …. When the EFL announce there tv schedule for the period is that when you would find out about a fixture date change or is this something the club will say at a later date, if I can’t get him over for that game I would try the Swansea game at the end of jan instead. 

Thanks 

That's right, the EFL make the announcement. I think this is due around the 8th December.

• 1 month later...

So it seems the Ipswich match is on the Monday night 8pm kick off so that’s out the window as the wee man has school etc so anyway ….. the Saturday the 27th vs Swansea , is it likely this match would stay as 3pm kick off ? I thought the release of the efl match today would have included that round of games but they all still say 3pm kick off, or would it change because they are playing the Monday night before??? 

thanks 

12 hours ago, Stephen85 said:

So it seems the Ipswich match is on the Monday night 8pm kick off so that’s out the window as the wee man has school etc so anyway ….. the Saturday the 27th vs Swansea , is it likely this match would stay as 3pm kick off ? I thought the release of the efl match today would have included that round of games but they all still say 3pm kick off, or would it change because they are playing the Monday night before??? 

thanks 

In theory yes. In reality the Swansea game is moved due to one/both of us participating in the FA Cup. That would make it midweek at some point.

Yet another example of what infuriates .me about the club's ticket selling strategy. 

The ethos should be to welcome as many as poss into the ground. Particularly juniors from outside of the city, and so increase our brand appeal. 

But no, it's a case of 'your name's not down, you ain't coming in' 

Membership should be affordable and open to all. Annual fee of 20 quid, kids a tenner. Everybody should have to be a member, Inc st holders (or it gets auto added on) 

So, let's say an ad-hoc one off trip such as this. Ticket prices plus a a 30 quid membership enrolment. That's it. Data cemented for life..

The only caveats are new memberships being sold for cat A games, Liverpool, Man Utd etc. new memberships are blocked for those games. 

• 3 weeks later...