Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Bournemouth FA Cup (a) Post Match Thread

6 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

It's the first win in absolutely ages I've felt genuinely proud watching us. Never quite thought I'd think that of a win over Bournemouth lol but XI v XI we were big underdogs in that game and we got through it. Though I would say obviously I was proud of the cup final win as well. I think the Liverpool win in December 2021 was of a similar nature.

All of them named 1-0 wins. Think it's my Simeone / Mourinho side coming out.

Liverpool and Chelsea were both impressive in that we were underdogs, but both games we sat very deep and required a massive slice of luck to win them. I'm less into sh*thousing and more into brave performances where everyone is grafting and we're taking the game to a better team :D 

That's why it felt more reminiscent of the Atletico game where we absolutely battered them in the 2nd half, but the ball just wouldn't go in.

On 28/02/2024 at 13:38, ARM1968 said:

Does it though? One swallow does not make an egg basket. Yesterday was a gritty and, at times, great performance. We did show mental strength and we dug in. 

That could be the spur we very much needed. I think the next few games will tell the tale. 

It was allegedly  a B side so bears no relation to side normally fielded although whether a full strength side would have played that well is the question

1 minute ago, Foxaholic ME said:

It was allegedly  a B side so bears no relation to side normally fielded although whether a full strength side would have played that well is the question

Indeed. Whilst I have to say we showed grit, focus and determination, as well as quite some skill at times, it was one game. As you say, a game basically where the 2nd string was fielded. It should send some confidence through the squad. I hope so.