Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Cobbo

The Wankdorf Stadium

That has to be one of the ugliest stadiums i have seen

No, the Leicester City Front office part of our stadium is the ugliest new stadium front I've seen - resembles a 70's office block horrible!

That's an old joke now. lol

Besucherfuehrungen.-ContentArea-l1096978908200-ImageFMB.ContentAreatextimagefmb.jpg

It was always called "Wankdorf Stadion Bern", but since the new stadium has arrived, the Swiss football association wanted it to sound more "Swiss" (whatever that is). Also, with foresight to the European Championship 2008, the name should represent our cultural diversity.

People in Berne hate that name, although the city is pretty close to the French speaking part, they feel it's an offence to their club's history.

lol

On Friday night after the Stoke game, I was out for dinner in NYC and there were two Swiss ladies in our party. I don't know how soccer was brought up (probably by me) but I mentioned a few Swiss teams that I know. I was asked how I knew of Young Boys (I don't know, are they Michael Jackson's favorite team?) and I said that it's because they play at the Wankdorf Stadium... so I was then asked how I knew the Wankdorf Stadium... well, obviouslyit's because of the name, but it's not the most polite thing to say at a dinner table, so I said because it's a famous stadium and it was recently renovated.

I bet that stadium is a popular photo site for British tourists :D

lol

On Friday night after the Stoke game, I was out for dinner in NYC and there were two Swiss ladies in our party. I don't know how soccer was brought up (probably by me) but I mentioned a few Swiss teams that I know. I was asked how I knew of Young Boys (I don't know, are they Michael Jackson's favorite team?) and I said that it's because they play at the Wankdorf Stadium... so I was then asked how I knew the Wankdorf Stadium... well, obviouslyit's because of the name, but it's not the most polite thing to say at a dinner table, so I said because it's a famous stadium and it was recently renovated.

I bet that stadium is a popular photo site for British tourists :D

And what were the Swiss girls like?

*nudge, nudge* lol

Archived