Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Milky

stephen pearson

Sheffield United at home forget the saves he made that day as a convenient way of supporting your arguement?

What good's a fantastic save when you balls up and give away a needless goal minutes later?

For Douglas and de Vries, I suspect the answer may be very close to zero.

A few people have mentioned that Kisnorbo has had a couple of very good games, but I didn't see those games so can't comment.

de Vries has been above average this season and I don't think people can disgaree with that. He's won us 3 out of our 5 matches in the league this season and his goals also won us the Carling Cup match v Blackpool.

He might be very inconsistent but he's still been one of our better performers this season just only in spells.

Regard to Anish's jibe about Douglas against Sheff United at home for their second goal I find that laughable. I at first thought Douglas was at fault for their second goal but if you watch it again he makes a brilliant point blank save and by the time he reacts again the ball is across the line and infact the 'fumble' was irrelevant as the ball was already in the net. It was actually a good reflex save mate.

But Douglas recently has been poor and Henderson should be given a chance who hasn't ever disappointed me in the league and reserve games i've seen him in.

de Vries has been above average this season and I don't think people can disgaree with that. He's won us 3 out of our 5 matches in the league this season and his goals also won us the Carling Cup match v Blackpool.

He might be very inconsistent but he's still been one of our better performers this season just only in spells.

Well said Ric. Love or loath De Vries, there is no doubt that he is proving excellent value for £50,000. He never hides in matches and seems to give 100% (albeit the 100% is at a slower pace to everybody else).

Indeed, I would go one further and ask someone to show me a player who has significantly outperformed him for less than £50,000 (I am not including players moving on bosman frees in this).

Well said Ric. Love or loath De Vries, there is no doubt that he is proving excellent value for £50,000. He never hides in matches and seems to give 100% (albeit the 100% is at a slower pace to everybody else).

Indeed, I would go one further and ask someone to show me a player who has significantly outperformed him for less than £50,000 (I am not including players moving on bosman frees in this).

Dickov instantly springs to mind but he was one of the bargains of the century.

de Vries was well on his way to 15-20 goals this season for us if he hadn't been dropped but I still wouldn't have any qualms about him if he was picked. He is very frustrating at times but he's talented and he's shown he can score goals this season. He scored lots of goals at Hearts and he's a great squad player, I prefer him to Elvis but the problem is we aren't effective when we play de Vries as we change our style of play and hoof it for some reason.

Archived