Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Milky

stephen pearson

Most of these players are new to the Club this season and the Club has a policy that all players must live within a certain distance of the ground/training ground. So along with playing they also have to worry about all the other things that Everyday Joe has to worry about:

Buying a house

Uprooting your family

Finding schools for kids

Settling in a new town

Dealing with the move

Selling or Renting the old place

Solicitors, closing dates

Just because these guys have a bit more money than you or I doesn't make them immune from these problems that effect anyone who moves to a new place. One of the most stressful things in life is moving house. I defy any manager to get the best week in week out of a player while that is going on, but when you have 7 or 8 to deal with then more than likely nature wins. CL alluded to this in an interview a few weeks back regarding Hume and why he hadn't been starting.

Bearing that in mind I am prepared to give this team and the manager a degree of latitude because this isn't a quick fix to the huge mess we were in. It seems people conveniently forget just how bad we have been over the last 5 years, the Club is rotten to the core and it will take more than 13 months to swing it round.

But nowadays with football riddled with the post Euro '96 new fan, who demands instant success, then all to often managers are sacked to appease them by rotten administrators.

Agreed.

I could type out a list bigger than Bernard Matthews belly of players who took a number of months to find their form at new clubs and it could well of been down to the point slisted above. Moving house if horrible, moving to a new area is even worse and it can have a serious effect on people. Football is about confidence, if something disturbs your thought process it can have an extreme effect on your everyday life and footballers are no different.

Moan all you ****in like, Levein isn't going to leave so you might aswell get behind him and realise just how bad we were at the start of last season. Atleast we have some footballers who over time could become very good players and make us proud to be Leicester fans again. Something we haven't seen here for a long while.

That's the trouble Lisa, they are mere mortals who are holding down a full time job, they are no different to us lot. Too many people seem to forget that or even refuse to accept it.

Full time job? Playing football? Are you having a laugh?

These are privileged guys, who have a lot of spare time, and cash. What do you think their advisors and agents are for? Most are lawyers anyway!

As for not being different, ask me that on a saturday night in Fat Cats!

Most of these players are new to the Club this season and the Club has a policy that all players must live within a certain distance of the ground/training ground. So along with playing they also have to worry about all the other things that Everyday Joe has to worry about:

Buying a house

Uprooting your family

Finding schools for kids

Settling in a new town

Dealing with the move

Just because these guys have a bit more money than you or I doesn't make them immune from these problems that effect anyone who moves to a new place. One of the most stressful things in life is moving house. I defy any manager to get the best week in week out of a player while that is going on, but when you have 7 or 8 to deal with then more than likely nature wins. CL alluded to this in an interview a few weeks back regarding Hume and why he hadn't been starting.

Bearing that in mind I am prepared to give this team and the manager a degree of latitude because this isn't a quick fix to the huge mess we were in. It seems people conveniently forget just how bad we have been over the last 5 years, the Club is rotten to the core and it will take more than 13 months to swing it round.

But nowadays with football riddled with the post Euro '96 new fan, who demands instant success, then all to often managers are sacked to appease them by rotten administrators.

Doesn't take 8 months though does it, theres also the fact the footballers dont work 9-5 so infact have more time off then the most of us. Players like Douglas espically seem to be muilty talented as well, he seems to have no problem with

Getting in the team

Uprooting a Defender

Finding himself in the book

Settling down on his line.

Diving two yards in the right direction

picking the ball out the net

How is it negative, it was meant to point out he obviously had some good points!!!!

Oh and he made mistakes here also... Eadie, Robbins, Fenton, Gunnarlargsson (sp)

£8million pounds worth of mistakes.

Robins Was actualy signed by Mark (Fat Bastard) Mcghee :blush:

Buying a house

Uprooting your family

Finding schools for kids

Settling in a new town

Dealing with the move

Superb post :thumbup:

That's right Gerrbrand is utter bollox and so is Hume and Hammond and Johansson and Henderson and Smith. Sadly for the likes of Douglas, Sylla, Hamill, Kisnorbo and de Vries they were victims of prejudicial pre conceived views so were never going to be welcomed upon their arrival.

I agree with lots of what you say but how are that last group victims of predjudiced pre-conceived views.

I'd never seen any of em before they arrived apart from Douglas on TV, couldn't give a damn where they came from and only wanted them all to well or even be brilliant.

MDV is leading scorer so I've avoided being too critical of him although he looks woefully cumbersome but the others - well, I said to my wife after one match.... "I hope I never played as badly as that" and that is genuinely what I meant. Douglas, Sylla, Hammill, Kisnorbo, (plus Williams, Tiatto, Hughes, and Gilbert) have been pretty awful, from what I've seen and even by general consensus.

I don't imagine everyone else is predjudiced either. Why would they wish to say anything derogatory about anyone who was oing the business for City?

Agreed.

I could type out a list bigger than Bernard Matthews belly of players who took a number of months to find their form at new clubs and it could well of been down to the point slisted above. Moving house if horrible, moving to a new area is even worse and it can have a serious effect on people. Football is about confidence, if something disturbs your thought process it can have an extreme effect on your everyday life and footballers are no different.

Moan all you ****in like, Levein isn't going to leave so you might aswell get behind him and realise just how bad we were at the start of last season. Atleast we have some footballers who over time could become very good players and make us proud to be Leicester fans again. Something we haven't seen here for a long while.

You're certainly right about the effects of moving. Whether finally settling will ever make the likes of Douglas, Sylla, Kisnorbo and Hammill become good footballers is something else.

You're certainly right about the effects of moving. Whether finally settling will ever make the likes of Douglas, Sylla, Kisnorbo and Hammill become good footballers is something else.

It probably won't but it certainly could be the case with Elvis, Hume and a few others that had slow starts at Leicester. It also seemed to be the case with de Vries who was god awful last season but this season he's atleast put the ball in the net when needed to.

I agree with lots of what you say but how are that last group victims of predjudiced pre-conceived views.

If you remember back to when they all signed it was "SPL is crap" or "SPL is Micky Mouse" or "not another Scottish player".

Like you say I bet the only person they had seen was Douglas and he was only remebered for his Old Firm cock up or the UEFA Cup Final, which Celtic lost because of diabolical officiating rather than his ineptitude. I am not a Douglas fan but my views come from being there to see him play for Scotland in far flung places like Braga, Torshaven and Reykjavik.

That said I don't think he has done much wrong, but people are all too quick to jump on these guys because of the preconceived prejudices more so than the likes of Dublin, Tiatto or Williams who have been equally poor at times if not worse.

Again I find myself disagreeing with most of what BartonFox is saying - I second what TPH said instead of being repetitive.

As for being prejudiced against certain players - that's a joke. Yes there may have been a few comments about Kisnorbo and Douglas when they signed, but that was based on what quite a lot of Hearts fans said about Kisnorbo and what we'd seen of Douglas on TV. When they wore the Leicester shirt for the first few times I was fully supportive of them, even after Rab's howlers at Bramall Lane. Having seen them enough to form a reasoned opinion (add De Vries in there too) I have enough ammunition to slate them...and it has nothing to do with being prejudiced.

How many games have you seen this season where you could genuinely say 'Douglas/Kisnorbo/De Vries had a blinder today'? Not many in my view.

Again I find myself disagreeing with most of what BartonFox is saying - I second what TPH said instead of being repetitive.

As for being prejudiced against certain players - that's a joke. Yes there may have been a few comments about Kisnorbo and Douglas when they signed, but that was based on what quite a lot of Hearts fans said about Kisnorbo and what we'd seen of Douglas on TV. When they wore the Leicester shirt for the first few times I was fully supportive of them, even after Rab's howlers at Bramall Lane. Having seen them enough to form a reasoned opinion (add De Vries in there too) I have enough ammunition to slate them...and it has nothing to do with being prejudiced.

How many games have you seen this season where you could genuinely say 'Douglas/Kisnorbo/De Vries had a blinder today'? Not many in my view.

For Douglas and de Vries, I suspect the answer may be very close to zero.

A few people have mentioned that Kisnorbo has had a couple of very good games, but I didn't see those games so can't comment.

Utter shite, complete and utter bollux but then that isn't unexpected.

Apart from Sheffield United Douglas has been fine and made no more mistakes than Ian Walker did. Again with de Vries and Kisnorbo neither have been awful and they have been good more often than bad, but when you're already against those players you'll never see it.

Apart from Sheffield United Douglas has been fine and made no more mistakes than Ian Walker did. Again with de Vries and Kisnorbo neither have been awful and they have been good more often than bad, but when you're already against those players you'll never see it.

No need to get personal. If anybody has been accused of talking utter shite it's you more than me.

Douglas has been fine about from Sheffield United? That's utter bollocks. What about Stoke, the last game remember? What about Sheffield United part 2? Silly goal he conceded which he flapped into his net. What about Watford at home? He threw the ball straight to their winger? The more he plays the more of a liability he is.

Open your eyes!

He's made a damn site more than Ian Walker had! I don't ever remember Ian Walker rushing out needlessly to concede penalties for a start. De Vries has been pretty wank in my eyes since he came here.. whats his goals to games ratio for us so far since he has been here..? bare in mind he has started a lot of the games that he has appeared in for us. I haven't really paid alot of attention to Kisnorbo, he can't have been to bad in some of the other games he has plaid for us otherwise people would be picking up on it but he had an awful game against Stoke. Even Levein has seen now that we have a better option upfront without De Vries up there...

incidentally on the Walker front, just watched Bolton, he never really seemed to have a great deal to do but to me his kicking seemed quite bad.. very low clearances.

No need to get personal. If anybody has been accused of talking utter shite it's you more than me.

Douglas has been fine about from Sheffield United? That's utter bollocks. What about Stoke, the last game remember? What about Sheffield United part 2? Silly goal he conceded which he flapped into his net. What about Watford at home? He threw the ball straight to their winger? The more he plays the more of a liability he is.

Open your eyes!

Jesus H Christ, how is that personal??? You a little sensitive?

What about Stoke? Mike Pollitt got done tonight for the same thing, the forward falling before contact. Sheffield United at home forget the saves he made that day as a convenient way of supporting your arguement? As for Watford, a mistake but but there you go it happens, I would say Tiatto was just as culpable but lets not aportion blame to those that are not black balled.

Archived