Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Milky

stephen pearson

"Sunderland, Leicester and Preston are keen on signing out-of-favour Celtic midfielder Stephen Pearson in January. (Scottish Daily Express)"

i know his name has been thrown up on numrous occasions. i don't know how seriously this gossip can be taken, i just thought i'd bring it to peoples attention

it's at the bottom

Great player, dodgy attitude. I'd risk him though definately.

I'd be surprised if we signed him right now though what with us signing Smith until the end of the season but if he is available i'd get him in now as Smith son't be here next season.

Pearson on the left, Smith on the right... Sylla and Tiatto in the bin.

Pearson on the left, Smith on the right... Sylla and Tiatto in the bin.

Although Smith can play on either wing I still think all of his good work has come when he's destroyed defenders from the left.

I wouldn't want to upset Smith or Wenger by playing him out of position. If he'd be happy to play there then get the sweaty in from Celtic.

come on, i mean let's be honest. how many of us have actual seen pearson play, and even if you have seen him play how many times? we can't really form to much of an opinion of him without seeing him in action.

If Levein rates him then it's highly likely that he's sh!t. AGREED!

The best manager in our history also rated him enough to buy him for celtic.

Whilst Pearson is a talented player, he does have a few issues concerning his character apparently.

Also, concerning the above post. It's a very good point. However, Pearson has good under O'Neill and hasn't really performed since. I doubt if Levein could motivate him or utilise him in such a shrewd manner as MON did and therefore the level of performance probably wouldn't have been as good.

The best manager in our history also rated him enough to buy him for celtic.

Martin made some mistakes in his last years with Celtic. It's not his fault his wife was ill and his mind was on other things. I'm appauled you'd dare say anything negative about Martin.

Martin made some mistakes in his last years with Celtic. It's not his fault his wife was ill and his mind was on other things. I'm appauled you'd dare say anything negative about Martin.

How is it negative, it was meant to point out he obviously had some good points!!!!

Oh and he made mistakes here also... Eadie, Robbins, Fenton, Gunnarlargsson (sp)

£8million pounds worth of mistakes.

How is it negative, it was meant to point out he obviously had some good points!!!!

Oh and he made mistakes here also... Eadie, Robbins, Fenton, Gunnarlargsson (sp)

True, true although Gunnlagson scored a few spanking freekicks and the one against Newcastle while I stood behind the goal in the KOP was awesome.

If Levein rates him then it's highly likely that he's sh!t. AGREED!

That's right Gerrbrand is utter bollox and so is Hume and Hammond and Johansson and Henderson and Smith. Sadly for the likes of Douglas, Sylla, Hamill, Kisnorbo and de Vries they were victims of prejudicial pre conceived views so were never going to be welcomed upon their arrival.

I would hardly call Eadie a flop, if it hadn't been for that dirty little sod Scott Parker he'd still be playing.

That's right Gerrbrand is utter bollox and so is Hume and Hammond and Johansson and Henderson and Smith. Sadly for the likes of Douglas, Sylla, Hamill, Kisnorbo and de Vries they were victims of prejudicial pre conceived views so were never going to be welcomed upon their arrival.

:thumbup: How true

The criticism levelled against them is nothing to do with prejudice. It's been based on below par performances.

If you think that they're all good players then fair enough but if all our players are so good, why are we doing so poorly in the league?

The criticism levelled against them is nothing to do with prejudice. It's been based on below par performances.

If you think that they're all good players then fair enough but if all our players are so good, why are we doing so poorly in the league?

Most of these players are new to the Club this season and the Club has a policy that all players must live within a certain distance of the ground/training ground. So along with playing they also have to worry about all the other things that Everyday Joe has to worry about:

Buying a house

Uprooting your family

Finding schools for kids

Settling in a new town

Dealing with the move

Selling or Renting the old place

Solicitors, closing dates

Just because these guys have a bit more money than you or I doesn't make them immune from these problems that effect anyone who moves to a new place. One of the most stressful things in life is moving house. I defy any manager to get the best week in week out of a player while that is going on, but when you have 7 or 8 to deal with then more than likely nature wins. CL alluded to this in an interview a few weeks back regarding Hume and why he hadn't been starting.

Bearing that in mind I am prepared to give this team and the manager a degree of latitude because this isn't a quick fix to the huge mess we were in. It seems people conveniently forget just how bad we have been over the last 5 years, the Club is rotten to the core and it will take more than 13 months to swing it round.

But nowadays with football riddled with the post Euro '96 new fan, who demands instant success, then all to often managers are sacked to appease them by rotten administrators.

Absolute fu cking tosh.

Inability to do their job properly because they are normal people who have normal worries? Most other footballers manage it. I manage it. Everyone else who reads these forums manages it.

You just keep making excuses for them mate.

I maintain that it's not good enough.

Whether the personnel are good enough is debatable. Whether CL has the tactical wherewithall... I'd say no.

Most of these players are new to the Club this season and the Club has a policy that all players must live within a certain distance of the ground/training ground. So along with playing they also have to worry about all the other things that Everyday Joe has to worry about:

Buying a house

Uprooting your family

Finding schools for kids

Settling in a new town

Dealing with the move

Selling or Renting the old place

Solicitors, closing dates

Just because these guys have a bit more money than you or I doesn't make them immune from these problems that effect anyone who moves to a new place. One of the most stressful things in life is moving house. I defy any manager to get the best week in week out of a player while that is going on, but when you have 7 or 8 to deal with then more than likely nature wins. CL alluded to this in an interview a few weeks back regarding Hume and why he hadn't been starting.

True it is stressful, but us mere mortals have to go through this whilst holding down full time jobs and with tighter finances than the average professional footballer. If I'd had most afternoons during the week to sort through the problems we had last year when moving house, things would have gone a hell of a lot smoother.

Can I just add to the point about Eadie, when fit he was one fo the most exciting players I have ever seen in a City Shirt, he could change the pace and direction of the game like Skudger can...

O Neill DID make some mistakes, but lets face it he was a GOD and even got Steff Oakes to look half decent for a few weeks 5 years ago! lol

Absolute fu cking tosh.

Inability to do their job properly because they are normal people who have normal worries? Most other footballers manage it. I manage it. Everyone else who reads these forums manages it.

You just keep making excuses for them mate.

I maintain that it's not good enough.

Whether the personnel are good enough is debatable. Whether CL has the tactical wherewithall... I'd say no.

Is it? I didn't realise I was in the company of someone so perfect.

What hope is there? Are you really that ignorent?

True it is stressful, but us mere mortals have to go through this whilst holding down full time jobs and with tighter finances than the average professional footballer. If I'd had most afternoons during the week to sort through the problems we had last year when moving house, things would have gone a hell of a lot smoother.

That's the trouble Lisa, they are mere mortals who are holding down a full time job, they are no different to us lot. Too many people seem to forget that or even refuse to accept it.

Archived