Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
werestandingup_weresittingdown

Lennon back at City?

I think that if Lennon wanted to return to English, the bottom line is that he'd be looking at the best financial package he could get. You'd be naive to think otherwise and you wouldn't blame him either. Secondly, he'd be looking for a decent standard of football for 2 or 3 seasons.

Next season, a club like Wigan, Birmingham, Portsmouth or Bolton (barring relegation) would pay handsomely for his services.

Besides, the club he left was still essentially the club of the O'Neill/Filbert Street years. In absolutely NO WAY at all does it resemble the post-Taylor ghost-ship it is now. He wouldn't be rejoining the same club, would he?

I think that if Lennon wanted to return to English, the bottom line is that he'd be looking at the best financial package he could get. You'd be naive to think otherwise and you wouldn't blame him either. Secondly, he'd be looking for a decent standard of football for 2 or 3 seasons.

Next season, a club like Wigan, Birmingham, Portsmouth or Bolton (barring relegation) would pay handsomely for his services.

Besides, the club he left was still essentially the club of the O'Neill/Filbert Street years. In absolutely NO WAY at all does it resemble the post-Taylor ghost-ship it is now. He wouldn't be rejoining the same club, would he?

Agree totally. If I was him, I'd be looking for my pension. :thumbup:

Agree totally. If I was him, I'd be looking for my pension. :thumbup:

He should have built up enough money to have a fair whack already, I doubt he needs to play for a few more seasons just to build up his pension.

Agreed. The club that Lennon held dear to his heart is gone. In favour of one which happily settles for mediocrity.

He should have built up enough money to have a fair whack already, I doubt he needs to play for a few more seasons just to build up his pension.

I'm sure I would have to be fair, but if there's a chance for some more, I'd take it.

I'm one greedy mofo. :ph34r:

I can't see Neil Lennon playing past the end of next season, he has dropped hints in interviews that he is coming to the end of his career. I can't see him going anywhere this season, the chance of captaining Celtic to the league title would be too strong a pull.

The only way he will move is if he is not getting a game next season, when I can see him finishing the season at another club.

Simon

Archived