Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
werestandingup_weresittingdown

Lennon back at City?

What with Roy Keane signing for Celtic today, will Lenny now be surplus to requirements at Parkhead???

I spoke with him after his move to celtic and he said he would love to move back to leicester and finish his career with us. Maybe this is the time for him to come back??? Im sure he'd take a hit on his wages and I think he'd be just what we need.

One neil lennon, theres only one neil lennon!!!

What with Roy Keane signing for Celtic today, will Lenny now be surplus to requirements at Parkhead???

I spoke with him after his move to celtic and he said he would love to move back to leicester and finish his career with us. Maybe this is the time for him to come back??? Im sure he'd take a hit on his wages and I think he'd be just what we need.

How old would he be now? maybe too old for levein :rolleyes:

I don't like Legends coming back to see out their final playing days. Lennon will always be held in the highest esteem at this club along with almost everyone in the Martin O'Neill era. He wouldn't be the same player as he was before and it could tarnish his reputation amongst the City fans. A bit like Guppy the last time round.

I was waiting for this to come up, unlikely to happen but I'd love him back! He's exactly what we need right now... a leader.

I don't like Legends coming back to see out their final playing days. Lennon will always be held in the highest esteem at this club along with almost everyone in the Martin O'Neill era. He wouldn't be the same player as he was before and it could tarnish his reputation amongst the City fans. A bit like Guppy the last time round.

lennon though is a holding midfielder not a winger so age doesnt have the same effect, if lennon goes anywhere we'd have a great chance of signing him, i just dont think it would happen

Although I agree with what Anish is saying, we are actually a shadow of our former selves as a club and although Lennon might not be as good as he was for us before he'd still strengthen our team by a country mile. Guppy was way past his best when he came back, where as Lennon is still playing regularly for Celtic and doing well by the sounds of it.

It's unrealistic to talk about getting him back as there would be some struggling premiership clubs that would take him and pay him alot more than we could. If it was simply a Keano scenario and his dream to come back to Leicester i'd pay for his flight down here and even throw in a few quid for his wages aswell.

He'd show Kisnorbo how to play the defensive midfield role and at the same time still give us fantastic throughballs and passes from all over the pitch.

Agree 100%

Maybe but would they really make Keane the highest paid player in SPL history and then make him surplus to requirements?

his wages are "well within" celtics wage structure, acording to their chairman (well the board member at the press confrence)

ow i was going to do this thread you bugger :thumbup: what are his options? celtic bench, small prem team/club or city return where hes adored?

ow i was going to do this thread you bugger :thumbup: what are his options? celtic bench, small prem team/club or city return where hes adored?

my thoughts exactly mate. I know lennon would like to play for city again, he loves the area and still owns a house down here. this maybe half a season/season too early for him to come back as he seems to be doing well up there but i think a lennon return would be fantastic.

in terms of his wages, he took a big drop to go to celtic from us in the first place so i doubt his wages are astronomical and im sure he might take another one for a last swansong at leicester.

All the people on here who are implying that he wouldnt be good enough or that it would be a bad idea - GO GET SOME HELP or learn some more about football!!! Lennon is class, absolute fact. Hang your heads in shame. You would prefer our current crock of s h i t to having lennon back????? MADNESS

I thought Guppy was still pretty good second time around, he had learnt how to tackle aswell.

I'd love to see Lenny back but I really don't think it will happen.

A lot people seemed to have the view that Guppy was a disaster when he returned, but I don't think that was the case. He started off well, but then he got injured a few games down the line, which hindered his performances. Certainly not as bad as some people suggested.

As for Lennon, he would obviously improve the midfield by some distance, but it's never going to happen.

Archived