Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
syston_fox

Steve Corica in action

Ahly 1 - 2 Sydney

Dwight Yorke and David Carney scored as Sydney FC defeated Egyptian side Ahly to finish in fifth place at the World Club Championship in Japan.

Yorke opened the scoring with a header after 35 minutes, converting a free-kick from Steve Corica.

Ahly equalised through Emab Motab on the stroke of half-time after the striker beat Sydney's offside trap.

But Carney scored the winner after 66 minutes, converting Sasho Petrovski's pass with a left-foot strike.

African champions Ahly went into the tournament on a 55-match unbeaten run.

But that was ended against Sao Paulo and the defeat to Sydney, who were only formed in February, completed a miserable tournament for them.

Liverpool meet Brazil side Sao Paulo in the final in Yokohama on Sunday.

I just wish sydney had beaten Sau Paulo so that we could see him in action again. Used to really like him when he played for us during that brief period! Was he one of the players who went off to wolves after McGhee?

I just wish sydney had beaten Sau Paulo so that we could see him in action again. Used to really like him when he played for us during that brief period! Was he one of the players who went off to wolves after McGhee?

yes, and i was bloody annoyed with him. i've mellowed over the years and having MON buy better players than him helped too

I seem to remember we got an insanely large amount of dosh for him which paid for some MON signings. When Jack Hayward saw how the wolves board and manager had pi**ed away all his millions on a bunch of non-performers he went garrity and threatened to dump his interest in the club. Happy days!

I loved him when he was here, got number 11 on my shirt in homage to him...then he broke his leg and didn't wear 11 anymore :(

And then followed McGhoo, grrr :angry:

Yep, he was a good player when he was with us. Scored a screamer on his debut vs Sunderland I remember.

Archived