Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Carlo

Green day

• 2 weeks later...

I used to really love Green Day but I guess I've groen up now, I still like them and their songs are good but they are also basic and very similar.....but Green Day will always be like that.

Green Day are a good band just not for me anymore.

Petrescu. Let me explain to you soemthign about Punk music.

Punk muisc is a form of pop music. It is based around 3 chord songs that are easy to sing a long to and can be appreciated by a mass audience. It's trademark is that it is 'rebellious' music and that it deals with political and social issues. The Ramones, The Clash, The Sex Pistols were all like this.

Greenday are an extremly poor punk band. The suggestion that they are not a punk band because they are crap is really quite pathetic.

Punk does not mean music thst only a few people like that, it never has been and never will be.

Do you have a problem with the word pop music? Do you think that 'pop' is a stigmatism that should be avoided?

I used to really love Green Day but I guess I've groen up now, I still like them and their songs are good but they are also basic and very similar.....but Green Day will always be like that.

Green Day are a good band just not for me anymore.

30371[/snapback]

i think they are a band that most people grow out of because there is not much more to their songs than what is on the surface.

I have never been much of a fan anyway but can liken them to bands that i liked a few years a go but subsequently would now not give a second listen to.

Archived