Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Best Leicester memory of 2005

Memories of Charlton are pretty sweet, especially as it was the place where we were relegated the previous season.

And the turnout at Blackburn in the next round was awesome, even if the performance wasn't!

The 2-0 win over Leeds was the only win all year I actually witnessed from the dozen or so matches I saw, that I can remember! :huh:

Generally speaking, I'd say our relative success in the cups and the emergence/signings of good young players like Hughes, McCarthy, Hume, Sheehan, Stearman and Wesolowski was a strong positive.

I reckon Hume will turn out to be an inspired signing. Fingers crossed for 2006. :thumbup:

Charlton in the FA Cup.

A great day out all over. At first I thought this day might turn out to be a bug mistake when we turned up at Stanmore tube station to find that there was maintanence on part of the lines and we could only travel so far by tube and then we had to get on additional (free of charge) transport from there.

However, the bus that was layed on took us past the new Wembley Stadium and Village which was a nice thing to see on a humdrum journey through SE London.

After getting off the bus, we made our way towards 'The Valley' on a very could February afternoon, infact I think it snowed at one point, which in the end would add to the magic of the day.

The game got kicked off and it was straight to the sats from there, Dabizas punches one in, Walker makes a fantastic save, then when we thought we were headed for a replay (or extra time, can't remember if its applicable there) when Dion Dublin got up from a floated in, front post corner from Gaz Williams (shock horror lol) and put it away in the top corner sending the Leicester fans into raptures in both stands.

Half an hour after the game and most Leicester fans we still in the stadium, and when the team came back out to warm down after the game the fans rushes back into the stand to cheer our team on.

Again on the bus all the way back to Stanmore (part of which by tube) which took us back to our car, and then the journey home.

To quote Libertine/Comic Book Guy...... Best.. Away Game.... EVER

:):clap2::):clap2::):clap2:

Reading, Charlton and Sheffield United were all great memories.

My favourite would have to be Charlton though. We played so well that day, dominating the game against a top six Premiership side at the time. I remember de Vries causing them all sorts of problems as a lone striker, with Joey, Hughes and Williams linking up superbly in midfield. The Dion winner was just pure ecstasy, as we all thought a replay was a dead cert as the clock ticked down. Then the realisation that we were through to the quarter finals was a wonderful feeling, just one game away from a day out in Cardiff.

Shame the bus broke down on the way back to Leicester. :mad::cry:

Archived