Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

What a difference a shave makes...

I can't understand the American sports. Im a Red Sox fan and he's just moved to their biggest rivals, the Yankees. I guess it's all financial but I'm devastated, Damon was magnificent as a leadoff man last year. I think he's better with the long hair, apparently he was voted in the top 50 US sexiest men poll cos of that look.

Who cares about hair? I think he looks a lot better in Yankee pinstripes.

This move instantly solves the Yankees' centerfield question, makes their batting lineup even more formidable, adds a good character to their clubhouse and hurts Boston big time... all in one swoop.

Sure, he's a former hated rival, and yes, he did his part to kill the Yanks in 2004, but loyalty died a long time ago in sports. I'm very glad that his baseball home will be in the Bronx next year.

F*** Boston (and I mean that in the nicest possible way . :) )

One note about Damon's hair: The Yankees, thanks to the iron-fisted conservative reign of principal owner George Steinbrenner (a.k.a. "The Boss"), have a dress code for their team that forbids long hair and facial hair. Although the Yankees and the Red Sox are baseball's two richest teams, the contrast between the clean-cut Yankees and the unkempt looks preferred by many Red Sox players in recent years is a (small) characteristic of their rivalry.

I can't understand the American sports. Im a Red Sox fan and he's just moved to their biggest rivals, the Yankees. I guess it's all financial but I'm devastated, Damon was magnificent as a leadoff man last year. I think he's better with the long hair, apparently he was voted in the top 50 US sexiest men poll cos of that look.

"Red Sox Nation" is going crazy about this: http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/blog/index?name=simmons

Bill Simmons, a columnist on ESPN.com's "Page2" and IMO the best sportswriter in the USA by miles (and I'm really saying something there, because he's a die-hard Red Sox fan and big Yankees hater and I still think he's great), wrote a great level-headed piece today about the Damon saga: http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story...=simmons/051223

Samu, if you haven't heard of Simmons before, I'd recommend that you check out some of his stuff--he's a hero in Boston and he's often hilariously funny.

Archived