Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Relax and think about the following:

It's a season full of surprises. I can't think back that far for the last time a league has been that open and unpredictable. So far, we've had more bad luck than many other teams in the Championship. Or you could say they just had more luck than we did.

Whatever the case may be, being a Leicester City fan these days is very hard, enduring, challenging and, very often nerve-racking and a very frustrating experience.

We all want our club to do good so that we can go back to our homes, wherever we are, and tell everybody else how pleased we are. The air smells better, food tastes better, love feels better. It's such a positive thing and I know that's what we're all so craving for.

You could blame it on the manager. That's probably the easiest option and the most immediate.

You could blame it on the players. That's already more reasonable.

You could blame it on the referee. That's the more suspicious argumentation ("Was he paid to send off one of our players?").

You could blame it on all the other fans.

You could blame it on the weather. Which is the most stupid excuse I've ever heard.

You could blame it on the other team. Which a is very realistic point. Maybe they were just better than you thought.

You could blame it on yourself. Because you're one of those people who just like to blame everybody and everything else on such a regular basis.

Where's the truth? Probably somewhere in the middle.

I'm neither saying that it's all rosy nor that we're doomed.

It's just the fact that you can't foresee future scores. And judging from the first half of the season, every team can beat every other one.

Which means we can beat Reading. But we don't have the holy right to do so.

Of course I want Leicester to stay up. What do you think?

You can blame maybe 1 or 2 games over a season on a refferee as I think it evens itself out, if you blame the players then you need to remember these are players brought in by the manager and ultimately trained and motivated by him so the hard crunch is the buck stops with the manager it is as simple as that.

Bo77ocks to all that

Levien is coont i'm sick of all you lilly livered pretend city fans making excuses this is not good enough for me if its good enough for you go and sit in the corner with all the other losers

well you come with us to sit in that corner because most people on this site are fans of leicester and if your not happy with the situation you get us out of it. Leveins got the job we can either like it or lump it, im lumping it but ill still be a fan but we the fans cant do anything its down to the management of the club.

and whats lilly livered?

is something to do with lilly savage?

:whistle::huh: :fox:

well you come with us to sit in that corner because most people on this site are fans of leicester and if your not happy with the situation you get us out of it. Leveins got the job we can either like it or lump it, im lumping it but ill still be a fan but we the fans cant do anything its down to the management of the club.

and whats lilly livered?

is something to do with lilly savage?

:whistle::huh: :fox:

From Rogets :

lily-livered

ADJECTIVE: Ignobly lacking in courage: chickenhearted, cowardly, craven, dastardly, faint-hearted, pusillanimous, unmanly. Slang : chicken, gutless, yellow, yellow-bellied. See FEAR.

From www.phrases.org.uk :

Lilies are usually white, liver is full of blood and should be dark red/brown. to be "lily-livered" is to be lacking in full-bloodedness, sangfroid or other attribute based upon being bloody, bold and absolute. doubtless The Bard made reference to it.

He's lily livered is a saying used to describe a coward or weakling. The ancient Greeks used to sacrifice an animal before battle. The liver was regarded as a prime omen; if red then all was fine but if pale then this signified bad tidings. By extension the liver of a coward was thought to be pale and lily livered was one of the ways of describing this. Others were "white livered" and "pigeon livered".

:D;):thumbup:

Archived