Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxhateram

We need to forget the last two games and get on with it!

the next couple of games are so vital if we dont want to enter the relegation battle, and the only way we are going to get points from the next couple of games is to forget the last half of the season and especially the last two. but who, what do we need to gather some points to move up to where we want to be?

the next couple of games are so vital if we dont want to enter the relegation battle, and the only way we are going to get points from the next couple of games is to forget the last half of the season and especially the last two. but who, what do we need to gather some points to move up to where we want to be?

I think it's important to find a starting line-up and stick with it for a sustained period of time whenever possible. Hammond and Hume have been given a good run upfront together and although the goals haven't flowed, Hammond's all round game has come on leaps and bounds. I think the goals will follow for the pair of them shortly. We need to find a settled back line. Gerrbrand and McCarthy need to continue where they left off a few months ago when the were very solid indeed. Let them continue their partnership together despite looking shaky at times yesterday. This squad of players will never become a good team if they are chopped and changed every game. Just look at Burnley who have a small squad of players but have a successful team. I feel we need a consistent line-up to start to pick up consistent results.

thats a very good point, and i agree, and mcarthy and gerrbrand are quite good together at the back, would be nice to see the midfield line up of sylla, smith, williams, gudjonnsen, and hammond and hume are doing well upfront so leave that im not sure about wing backs thow what u think?

We're two players short of a quality side, get Douglas out of goal and sylla off the wing,possibly creativity also through the middle as our strikers need things to run onto.

short and sweet durnerz but so true, u post a gr8 post as usual. i agree but who as wing backs? and who to replace sylla and douglas because the midfeild yesterday did not work with smith on the right and tiatto there was no pace on the left!

short and sweet durnerz but so true, u post a gr8 post as usual. i agree but who as wing backs? and who to replace sylla and douglas because the midfeild yesterday did not work with smith on the right and tiatto there was no pace on the left!

Thanks very much, I just hope Levein thinks about this the way we do, otherwise I may send in my Football/Championship Manager CV to LCFC :D

didnt gilbert move out on loan or sommit?

He's at Sheffield Wednesday I believe. Dunno if he's starting for them. Might be worth a look at left back for us though. I believe you need someone there who is comfortable in that position. Players who are naturally more attacking often get caught out a bit (Jordan Stewart) whilst centre backs forced wide often drift in to the centre too much or lack a bit of mobility.

Yeah, he was poor though I felt. A very one-dimensional footballer, you're standard run of the mill league 1/2 full back.

yer but he had potential i thought. we need someone that will push forward aswell thow like thatcher used to, sheehan did in the game he played in but he lost his head a little bit lol, any suggestions who might fit the agenda?

Thatcher was alright, quite liked him.

The likes of Makin, Curtis, Jordan Stewart (although he wasn't as bad as the previous two) and NEJ at times this season, just haven't cut it as full backs.

yer i definitly agree there, what do people think of sheehan?

I've hardly seen anything of him to be honest.

His second yellow in the game he was dismissed showed a bit of inexperience I thought.

He's only a youngster so I suppose we'll see.

yer good point! i think stearman is tight on the right from what iv heard and seen he is quite good there, so i think really all we need to do is get henderson in for douglas and hit the jackpot with a left fullback that fits the defending and attcking agender

It would do Stearman no end of good if Levein settled on his favoured left/right back and stuck with it. It seems to me he is in and out of the side, whether he's playing well or not. Often thrown in at right back, occasionally at left back and once or twice in the centre.

First team football is essential in aiding his development though and there is no doubt that with the right guidance and a run in the side, he is more than capable of doing a good job at this level.

As for Sheehan, I can't comment as I haven't seen him.

It would do Stearman no end of good if Levein settled on his favoured left/right back and stuck with it. It seems to me he is in and out of the side, whether he's playing well or not. Often thrown in at right back, occasionally at left back and once or twice in the centre.

First team football is essential in aiding his development though and there is no doubt that with the right guidance and a run in the side, he is more than capable of doing a good job at this level.

As for Sheehan, I can't comment as I haven't seen him.

yer and i think thats the same for most of us. any people who might be in leicesters reach as a left back in the transfer window?

I think it's important to find a starting line-up and stick with it for a sustained period of time whenever possible. Hammond and Hume have been given a good run upfront together and although the goals haven't flowed, Hammond's all round game has come on leaps and bounds. I think the goals will follow for the pair of them shortly. We need to find a settled back line. Gerrbrand and McCarthy need to continue where they left off a few months ago when the were very solid indeed. Let them continue their partnership together despite looking shaky at times yesterday. This squad of players will never become a good team if they are chopped and changed every game. Just look at Burnley who have a small squad of players but have a successful team. I feel we need a consistent line-up to start to pick up consistent results.

Sticking with the same team is something everyone would agree on unfortunately people can't agree on what that team should be. When CL does stick with players e.g Rab, Kisnorbo, Sylla he's accused of having favourites. I would have thought over the last half a dozen games the team has been pretty much the same with Rab, Maybury, Paddy M (when not suspended) Paddy G, Sylla, Kisnorbo, Joey, Smith, Hume and Hammond 10/11 - but all people keep saying is drop Rab, drop/move Kisnorbo, drop Sylla, drop Hammond, bring in Hughes, Williams, even MDV, bring back Gilbert. There's an awful lot of people on here who say one thing and then suggest the complete opposite. :huh::blink:

Sticking with the same team is something everyone would agree on unfortunately people can't agree on what that team should be. When CL does stick with players e.g Rab, Kisnorbo, Sylla he's accused of having favourites. I would have thought over the last half a dozen games the team has been pretty much the same with Rab, Maybury, Paddy M (when not suspended) Paddy G, Sylla, Kisnorbo, Joey, Smith, Hume and Hammond 10/11 - but all people keep saying is drop Rab, drop/move Kisnorbo, drop Sylla, drop Hammond, bring in Hughes, Williams, even MDV, bring back Gilbert. There's an awful lot of people on here who say one thing and then suggest the complete opposite. :huh::blink:

We haven't had the same back four for two games in a row for the last seven games for various reasons. If it's due to sending offs then we need to improve our discipline because chopping and changing players like Stearman and Johansson will do nobody any good. We need to find a left back and give that player a run of game. Maybury, Johansson, Sheehan, Gilbert, Kisnorbo and I think Stearman have all had a go at left back. I think it's about time Levein stuck with one of these players or someone else.

Archived