Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxhateram

We need to forget the last two games and get on with it!

like someone said earlier gilbert should be given more of a chance

I've seen enough of Gilbert already in first team and reserves. If no-one on the site has any real belief in Sheehan, fair enough, but don't believe for a moment that Gilbert is a better bet cos he isn't and I don't believe he ever will be.

Sheehan is the best attacking full-back we've got at present and that's what we need cos without going for goals we've really got a real relegation battle on because our defence is not generally capable of staying goallesss without numerical reinforcements.

But it is plain deep down that the fans don't generally rate Sheehan. Despite many selecting him in their preferred side they've soon lost faith which is a shame cos I think he's a genuine class player in the making.

Nevertheless there's no point my fighting mass opinion so Levein's only option is to either select the lad and be damned or to go for the safer option and bring in an experienced man from somewhere else as DavieG suggested.

Sheehan could then move on to somewhere where he's properly appreciated and where people will encourage him instead of getting on his back until he's properly adapted to first team football.

It's ironic though that people here HAVE given encouragement and understanding while they adjust to the likes of McCarthy and Hammond and Nils (who has made far more mistakes than Sheehan yet has mainly been given good support reading the first half season team selections).

It won't and hasn't happened for Sheehan, so logically, it's on to option B I should imagine.

Personally I think we need the following.

New keeper. late 20s

New left back. late 20s

New midfielder as I think at least one will be sold. Late 20s

New striker.

New manager.

I thnik we need

Good keeper below 32

Good natural left back below 30

Good goal scorer, any age as long as he can play 70 minutes a game :D

Good right winger below 30

I've seen enough of him already. If no-one on the site has any real belief in Sheehan, fair enough, but don't believe for a moment that Gilbert is a better bet cos he isn't and nor will he ever be. Sheehan is the best we've got at present.

But it is plain deep down that the fans don't generally rate him and despite so many selecting him in their preferred side they've soon lost faith (which I haven't).

But there's no point my fighting mass opinion so Levein's only option is to either select the lad and be damned or to go for the safer option and bring in an experienced man from somewhere else as DavieG suggested and let Sheehan move on to somewhere where he's appreciated.

I still believe in Sheehan, my suggestion for a more experienced left back was to one, take some pressure off of Sheehan, as our only real option currently at left back too much is expected of him, two someone to act as mentor/role model for him, thirdly so he has some genuine competition not made up players and lastly so he can be eased in gradually via cup games, substitutions, cover for injury without the pressure of feeling he's on his own fail and you're out situation. LCFC have been without a decent left back for years the expectation on anyone in that role are now massive, anyone playing there is under a microscope with people waiting/expecting for failure.

I still believe in Sheehan, my suggestion for a more experienced left back was to one, take some pressure off of Sheehan, as our only real option currently at left back too much is expected of him, two someone to act as mentor/role model for him, thirdly so he has some genuine competition not made up players and lastly so he can be eased in gradually via cup games, substitutions, cover for injury without the pressure of feeling he's on his own fail and you're out situation. LCFC have been without a decent left back for years the expectation on anyone in that role are now massive, anyone playing there is under a microscope with people waiting/expecting for failure.

It was ages ago werent it :( when we were in the premiership last time . SUper benny thatcher :D he was great, but not very loyal :(

Archived