Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

My take on the situation

This is all a bit like going on a car journey and trying to select the route that will give you the best chance of reaching your destination on time.

The one you choose may not be the shortest route, it could well be the one that you believe is traffic / road works free.

Having chosen one option if it then goes tits up, you cannot say for certain you've made a mistake because you will never know what the other option would have produced. All you will ever know is that things aren’t going to plan.

Whether we choose to stick with Levein or go with another manager, we will never be able to prove whether the option we pick will have been better or worse, we would just never know.

Of course you can build in contingencies if things do go tits up, the secret is to know when to change and what alternative option to pick. Back to the analogy, for example if you were stuck on the motorway due to an accident but we no insight as the accident is just about to be cleared or whether there's an exit 5 miles away or 40 miles away.

The same with the Levein situation, we don't know all the facts about his particular journey. We do know that we are in a jam i.e. our current results and position and that something certainly needs to happen. CL needs to either clear this jam very quickly (accident being cleared), get in players to improve results (motorway exit in 5 miles) or change the manager (motorway exit in 40 miles) there are sound reasons for sticking and sound reasons for changing.

What we do need is the person(s) in charge to be bold, that could actually be either not panicking and sacking Levein, or deciding that enough is enough and going for a well thought out change of management. Whichever it is, and timing is also crucial a firm decision needs to be made one way or the other and then it must be backed to the hilt because, as many of the 'Levein out' advocates quite rightly point out relegation would be disastrous if not fatal, I for one would certainly not like the blood of our demise to be on my hands.

Having listened to all the arguments on here I still am not brave enough or have sufficient grasp of all the facts to put me in one camp or the other. My head says stick with Levein, my heart says; somewhat in a panic get someone else in quick.

Call me chicken, yellow or cowardly if you want my only over whelming desire is that we must not be relegated.

That's fair enough.

We have three game in the next six days and our situation could be transformed one way or the other by the results of those games. Equally, we could remain in our present dire state.

I do hope the players aren't being distracted by the Cup match. It wouldn't be the first time - remember the poor run we had before the Blackburn game last season, culminating in that appalling loss to the trees.

If the team adopts a professional approach and the players show a little more character than in the past three games, things may look a little brighter next week.

I wish I could be more confident about that outcome, though... :unsure:

That's fair enough.

We have three game in the next six days and our situation could be transformed one way or the other by the results of those games. Equally, we could remain in our present dire state.

I do hope the players aren't being distracted by the Cup match. It wouldn't be the first time - remember the poor run we had before the Blackburn game last season, culminating in that appalling loss to the trees.

If the team adopts a professional approach and the players show a little more character than in the past three games, things may look a little brighter next week.

I wish I could be more confident about that outcome, though... :unsure:

One thing I'm not is confident, if people were we probably wouldn't be having all these discussions.

This is all a bit like going on a car journey and trying to select the route that will give you the best chance of reaching your destination on time.

The one you choose may not be the shortest route, it could well be the one that you believe is traffic / road works free.

Having chosen one option if it then goes tits up, you cannot say for certain you've made a mistake because you will never know what the other option would have produced. All you will ever know is that things aren’t going to plan.

Whether we choose to stick with Levein or go with another manager, we will never be able to prove whether the option we pick will have been better or worse, we would just never know.

Of course you can build in contingencies if things do go tits up, the secret is to know when to change and what alternative option to pick. Back to the analogy, for example if you were stuck on the motorway due to an accident but we no insight as the accident is just about to be cleared or whether there's an exit 5 miles away or 40 miles away.

The same with the Levein situation, we don't know all the facts about his particular journey. We do know that we are in a jam i.e. our current results and position and that something certainly needs to happen. CL needs to either clear this jam very quickly (accident being cleared), get in players to improve results (motorway exit in 5 miles) or change the manager (motorway exit in 40 miles) there are sound reasons for sticking and sound reasons for changing.

What we do need is the person(s) in charge to be bold, that could actually be either not panicking and sacking Levein, or deciding that enough is enough and going for a well thought out change of management. Whichever it is, and timing is also crucial a firm decision needs to be made one way or the other and then it must be backed to the hilt because, as many of the 'Levein out' advocates quite rightly point out relegation would be disastrous if not fatal, I for one would certainly not like the blood of our demise to be on my hands.

Having listened to all the arguments on here I still am not brave enough or have sufficient grasp of all the facts to put me in one camp or the other. My head says stick with Levein, my heart says; somewhat in a panic get someone else in quick.

Call me chicken, yellow or cowardly if you want my only over whelming desire is that we must not be relegated.

Well said... I was thinking much the same earlier about most of what you put.

I would be interested to hear from the advocates of change as to what the cost to the club would be if we have a change of manager.

My thoughts are:

We are a club that have very recently come through administration and for all the grand designs that are mooted on this forum the reality is that we are capable of attracting the standard of player that a club with our finances can attract, ie. pretty decent but hardly Maradona or even a Marcus Bent. What we have got because of a PLAN is a group of young and potentially good players who are still very early in the process of knitting into a team. Things at the moment are not going our way and before anyone starts saying that this is all CL's fault let me say that I have been watching City for close to forty years and believe me I have seen some lucky and unlucky periods down at Filbo. This squad need time to learn how they will play together and changing the manager will only lead to us starting all over again.

The squad at LCFC has changed far too much over the last few years, the club needs stability. If this group of players are allowed to form into a team we will do well. I am confident that we will not be relegated and much of the promise that we are seeing in performances over the last few weeks ( yes I know the results are not going our way ) will manifest itself in positive results for the club.

I will agree that CL does need to shake the team up a bit and personally I would drop Rab whose marshalling of the very young defence in front of him is apparently non existant. That's on top of his terrible positioning and awful handling from crosses.

I also think that the club should push the boat out for CL to get as good a striker as possible in the January window.Oh, and please go for a goal poacher Craig, we need someone to be in the right place at the right time.

For all of you young ( and please don't take offence ) supporters on here who only know the club from the time of MON, Leicester City have been a pretty average team for many many of the 40 years I have supported Leicester. We have had to sit through some awful football and seen us drift through seaso after season of doing nothing. We do not have a RIGHT to be successful or even be in the Premiership. We do not have the financial clout to just keep reacting to the short term desire for instant success. We must stick with the long term plan and with a bunch of POTENTIALLY good young players that I am pretty sure will provide relative success and allow the club to remain on a relatively sound financial level.

And by the way to those that want to reduce the banter on the forum to the level of calling genuine LCFC fans and supporters of the manager of my club as "bumlickers" - watch out or I will hunt you down and p#ss in your shoes ! Come on everyone, support your club.

Archived