Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Buzzell

MP3 Finders?

I tried SoulSeek because apparently its brillient, but its 5hite, You typed a song/album into WinMX and you got the song, on SoulSeek I struggle finding the songs I want, Am I doing something wrong or does anyone else have this problem, I've installed WinMX back on my Laptop but can't install it on to my PC - Apparently it won't connect!

-Thats one thing I give credit to SoulSeek for very easy to install, WinMX I ain't got a clue about! Spose i'm stuck with SoulSeek on my PC then :rolleyes: - Shame because I have my iPod installed on my PC :rolleyes:

59591[/snapback]

So can anyone help me? :unsure:

soulseek WAS good but it changed to a new server and faced problems

now searches are minimal and real hard to get what you want without a huge queue

started using www.overnet.com which is something to do with edonkey, i dont understand but using it

seems ok, has a lot of search results everytime, its just getting them to start downloading :S

soulseek WAS good but it changed to a new server and faced problems

now searches are minimal and real hard to get what you want without a huge queue

started using www.overnet.com which is something to do with edonkey, i dont understand but using it

seems ok, has a lot of search results everytime, its just getting them to start downloading  :S

59744[/snapback]

Alot of the time thats a problem with Win MX

I've been recommended Kazza Lite but it's total pants. Takes ages to search and you never find what you want!

So can anybody recommend one to me which is actually worth having and has no unwanted extras adding on.

Wellman

62630[/snapback]

I use eDonkey..it's the best I've found yet tbh...

I'm furious with Kazaa (even lite) cause it spams your computer up with so much annoying spyware..I spent a couple of hours removing spyware last time I installed and have sworn never to do it again! :mad: it was so bad the both SpyBot and Ad-Aware could only remove half of it, and had to do the rest manually :S:angry:

I've been recommended Kazza Lite but it's total pants. Takes ages to search and you never find what you want!

So can anybody recommend one to me which is actually worth having and has no unwanted extras adding on.

Wellman

62630[/snapback]

I use eDonkey..it's the best I've found yet tbh...

I'm furious with Kazaa (even lite) cause it spams your computer up with so much annoying spyware..I spent a couple of hours removing spyware last time I installed and have sworn never to do it again! :mad: it was so bad the both SpyBot and Ad-Aware could only remove half of it, and had to do the rest manually :S:angry:

62669[/snapback]

where can i get this donkey thing from then? :unsure:

On the desktop thread in General Chat some people have "eMule" on there desktops, so whats this? Is this some kind of downloading stuff?

I've just downloaded eDonkey - so far so good....

But SoulSeek is shocking, its so bad!

have u connected on both things when u open it? (top left they should both be green)

the searches u want to click are the black ones, they have more people with the file and so more chance of it working

ur speed will depend on the person uploading, if they are 56k ou wont get no faster than 8ish

shen, messing mate ;)

have u connected on both things when u open it? (top left they should both be green)

the searches u want to click are the black ones, they have more people with the file and so more chance of it working

ur speed will depend on the person uploading, if they are 56k ou wont get no faster than 8ish

shen, messing mate ;)

62718[/snapback]

Cheers...think it must be the person uploading then!

shen, messing mate ;)

62718[/snapback]

Cheers...think it must be the person uploading then!

62720[/snapback]

I know nothing about PC's (You may have guessed) I know the basics thats about it, anyway with this eDonkey thing this stuff about BT Plugin(Bit Torrent) is coming up...I've heard people talking about Bit Torrent before but I don't know what it is, anyway this message comes up saying "Do you want the Bit.Torrent Plugin to take .Torren links?" - "Yes - No".....What should I click?

-And what is Bit Torrent?

i can't remember what i clicked

if you are real safe you'd say no, but it might limit the amount of results you get

bit torrent is a system used to download torrents (files)

62831[/snapback]

Cheers

Is this edonkey thing free? If so is there a direct link for me because I'll muck it up otherwsie

62862[/snapback]

Heres the Direct link - Scroll down and that will be the download program you want(or its the one I picked anyway - this iis free) the ones at the top are the "premium" ones or summit(meaning you have to pay) <---- if you understand that :unsure: - I do explain things the long way sometimes! lol

cheers, do i want to install Bit Torrent plug in?

62866[/snapback]

Dunno :huh:

-I have clicked both "yes" - didn't notice any change, turn my PC off, turned me PC on later same thing came up so clicked "no" - again didn't notice a diifference, turned my PC off again, went back later to turn it on same question came up, lol, so dunno!

Archived