Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
john_lcfc

Tickets?

was talking to someone about going to the world cup with them but they said you stand little chance of getting one through proper means so we thought ok touts we could pay to see england in the world cup but then he mentioned theywere checking the names of your tickets to the name on your passport to limit touting.

is there a link to this? is it true or just a scare tactic?

cheers.

also whats the best way for me a non england member to try to obtain tickets for one or more of englands group games? :thumbup:

what a joke :angry:

il have to try n get tickets thru the proper methods me thinks :(:)

Good Luck!

Don't you need to be in the England supporters club to get proper tickets?

Sparky you should know.

who the F**K do you get into the Englands suppourters club?

Is their some sort of assault course? or do u just have to batter fiver die hard Bayern Leverukesen Supporters.

lol I think you just have to apply to the FA.

My feeling is that they won't actually check at the gate.

It's too time consuming though I do believe that for the official England tickets, you have to pick them up in person from a pre arranged point which would in effect allow them to check at that point in time.

I have applied through both The FA and Fifa.

the passport number on the ticket is a complete nonsense that they say just to deter people buying off touts. they have done this before at other tournaments. They will not check passports at the gates. Do you really think they have the time to check say 80,000 tickets and passports??? Also, there is no way in hell 80,000 fans will be walking around all day with their passports in their pockets??? No is the answer!!! There will be plenty of tickets been sold over there dont worry. You just need the reddies thats all as they will be EXPENSIVE!!!!

the passport number on the ticket is a complete nonsense that they say just to deter people buying off touts. they have done this before at other tournaments. They will not check passports at the gates. Do you really think they have the time to check say 80,000 tickets and passports??? Also, there is no way in hell 80,000 fans will be walking around all day with their passports in their pockets??? No is the answer!!! There will be plenty of tickets been sold over there dont worry. You just need the reddies thats all as they will be EXPENSIVE!!!!

True, true - i went to Japan/Korea and managed to get ticket for Denmark game from tout. The rumour at the time was similar - that all the ticket numbers could be typed into a computer at the gate and you would be asked a random question based on the information you supplied when buying ticket (date of birth/address/mothers maiden name etc.) Truth was they did not even look at mine and 'cattle' hurded us through!!!

I am off Germany ticket or not because about 70% of tickets went to Germans who no doubt brought extra tickets to make a quick buck (as i would if world cup was here)

Archived