Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ajax Treesdown

Same old 'Leveinisms'!

Craig Levein says his side now know they are in a battle following Saturday's 2-1 defeat at the hands of Sheffield Wednesday at Hillsborough.

Levein said: "It's obviously a disappointing result for us. We started the match particularly well and had two or three good opportunities early on.

"We got in front, but to be fare to the lad Brunt he has scored a magnificent goal to drag them back into the game. But there was still a long way to go at that point.

"I am disappointed that after we went 2-1 down we didn't manage to create enough opportunities to give us a chance to win the match. We forced Weaver to make a good save in the last five minutes, but other than that I don't think we made them work as hard as they should have done.

"To be fair to my players they carried on battling in the second half and didn't look like a team who had downed tools.

"We have now got a game at home next week against Cardiff, and that is unfortunately the next opportunity we get to play.

"We face a tough battle now. But it is the same for all the other teams around us as well."

Levein was forced to make a change at half-time - replacing Richard Stearman with Patrik Gerrbrand.

Levein added: "That was a blow because Richard had arguably been out best player up until that point. He scored a fantastic goal.

"He has a dead leg. The physio tried to patch him up at half-time but it was impossible. We had to make a change, which wasn't ideal. But I don't think that affected the score because they only had one shot on goal in the second half, and that was in the last minute."

Some classic Leveinisms here, including the one where we didn't put down our tools but only had one shot in the 2nd half?!?!?

Same old drabble after every loss.

LEVEIN OUT!!!! :protest::protest:

Craig Levein says his side now know they are in a battle following Saturday's 2-1 defeat at the hands of Sheffield Wednesday at Hillsborough.

Levein said: "It's obviously a disappointing result for us. We started the match particularly well and had two or three good opportunities early on.

"We got in front, but to be fare to the lad Brunt he has scored a magnificent goal to drag them back into the game. But there was still a long way to go at that point.

"I am disappointed that after we went 2-1 down we didn't manage to create enough opportunities to give us a chance to win the match. We forced Weaver to make a good save in the last five minutes, but other than that I don't think we made them work as hard as they should have done.

"To be fair to my players they carried on battling in the second half and didn't look like a team who had downed tools.

"We have now got a game at home next week against Cardiff, and that is unfortunately the next opportunity we get to play.

"We face a tough battle now. But it is the same for all the other teams around us as well."

Levein was forced to make a change at half-time - replacing Richard Stearman with Patrik Gerrbrand.

Levein added: "That was a blow because Richard had arguably been out best player up until that point. He scored a fantastic goal.

"He has a dead leg. The physio tried to patch him up at half-time but it was impossible. We had to make a change, which wasn't ideal. But I don't think that affected the score because they only had one shot on goal in the second half, and that was in the last minute."

Some classic Leveinisms here, including the one where we didn't put down our tools but only had one shot in the 2nd half?!?!?

Same old drabble after every loss.

LEVEIN OUT!!!! :protest::protest:

Can you imagine that sort of oratory inspiring players!

OH dear

sounds like your really against him

I have to say that hearing him talk he wouldn't inspire me with a lot of enthusiasm or confidence for that matter if i played under him

Hit the nail on the head. He's as dull as football managers come - much in the line of Alain Perrin. No passion, no fighting spirit, no enthusiasm, no character. In football terms you could say he's lifeless.

And so are his team. :(

I don't want to be overly negative, but even after we beat Spurs last week, Levein was straight out saying that we should be worried about Sheffield Wednesday. That type of talk fills no one with confidence. His approach is almost that we should be worried about what other people are doing rather than concentrate on our own game.

We need a manager who instills fearlessness in the team. Someone who says, 'yeah we can go out and do them, lets not be frightened, lets just play our game'.

Levein doesn't instill that feeling in me. When I look at him, and I hear what he has to say after matches I just think 'bottle job'. He is too quick to sing another teams praises and look for reasons to fear them, rather than talking about his team. Often I find him to be very negative.

What is the way forward? I don't know. But it can't go on like this.

If you read these forums Tim Davies or who ever it concerns, in my opinion you are a bottle job too. You like to sit in your comfortable 100k pa job, and look like you are so hands on consulting with the fans, and considering what we all think. Grow some balls and run this club. It isn't show friends its show business! Make some tough decisions its what you are ****ing paid to do. No one wants you as a friend, we want success! (even a modest amount would do)

Put up or piss off!

Sorry for the tough talk, but I'm not afraid to mince words. This is a joke. Fifth best budget with bargain basement management. :mad:

Top post SilverFox.

It's at times like these that Davies and his other executive director earns their money. They have to make the big decisions and get them right, and we haven't seen evidence that he/they can do that.

I don't want to be overly negative, but even after we beat Spurs last week, Levein was straight out saying that we should be worried about Sheffield Wednesday. That type of talk fills no one with confidence. His approach is almost that we should be worried about what other people are doing rather than concentrate on our own game.

We need a manager who instills fearlessness in the team. Someone who says, 'yeah we can go out and do them, lets not be frightened, lets just play our game'.

Levein doesn't instill that feeling in me. When I look at him, and I hear what he has to say after matches I just think 'bottle job'. He is too quick to sing another teams praises and look for reasons to fear them, rather than talking about his team. Often I find him to be very negative.

What is the way forward? I don't know. But it can't go on like this.

If you read these forums Tim Davies or who ever it concerns, in my opinion you are a bottle job too. You like to sit in your comfortable 100k pa job, and look like you are so hands on consulting with the fans, and considering what we all think. Grow some balls and run this club. It isn't show friends its show business! Make some tough decisions its what you are ****ing paid to do. No one wants you as a friend, we want success! (even a modest amount would do)

Put up or piss off!

Sorry for the tough talk, but I'm not afraid to mince words. This is a joke. Fifth best budget with bargain basement management. :mad:

Absolutely right.

He should focus on us. Our team, our shape, our gameplan, our performance.

He is bringing this club to it's knees.

Heard CL on Rad Leics this morning complaining that we hadn't shut up shop after going in front and that the players had "stupidly" gone for more goals.The thought of that lot holding a lead for 83 mins defies belief, but if that was what he wanted there was no sign whatsoever of him communicating this to the team- as usual.

Heard CL on Rad Leics this morning complaining that we hadn't shut up shop after going in front and that the players had "stupidly" gone for more goals.The thought of that lot holding a lead for 83 mins defies belief, but if that was what he wanted there was no sign whatsoever of him communicating this to the team- as usual.

As hard as it is to hear, Levein is right in a sense.

Sheffield Wednesday were a perfect example of this. Once ahead, they remained tight and organised for 45 mins, hoping to hit us on a counter. We, on the other hand, did the opposite, failing to remain tight, failing to remain organised and thus giving Brunt far too much room to equalise.

Archived