Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Levein Plays Down Fan Pressure

Link to the "Excuse's"

Craig Levein insisted abuse from his own supporters was "part and parcel of the job" after Leicester's 2-1 defeat at Sheffield Wednesday plunged them into the Coca-Cola Championship relegation zone.

A small minority of the travelling supporters chanted `You don't know what you're doing' and `Levein out' during the closing stages of City's Hillsborough reverse.

It was a far cry from the Foxes' exhilarating 3-2 FA Cup victory against Tottenham last weekend and extends their winless Championship streak to eight matches.

"I can understand their frustrations and that's part and parcel of the job," said Levein.

"But it's up to us to try and get back to winning ways next week against Cardiff.

"Maybe this was a reality check after last week. The players dream about playing in the Premiership, but in reality it's a lot different.

"It was the same players who played last week against Spurs, and there is obviously an element of inconsistency. But it's the drop-off rate that is alarming.

"It's about having the desire to win games in the Championship. We've got good players who probably don't see themselves as relegation candidates - and it's that mind-set that doesn't help us."

Levein admitted his side suffered a hangover from last week's success against Spurs, saying: "There's always that.

"We started well, but they came back into it with a magnificent goal.

"We dominated the second half, but I'm disappointed we didn't make them work as hard as we should have done."

Jubilant Wednesday boss Paul Sturrock said: "The Sheffield rollercoaster keeps moving on, and the players did well to come back so strongly after going 1-0 down so early.

"We got back into it at 2-1, but I was a bit disappointed that we just sat back on what we had during the second half.

"That's been a deadly concoction for us at home in the past, and it took Weaver to make a great save to get us the points.

"We've got enough big games to come. But that was a big one today, because we lost four goals last week (against Charlton in the FA Cup).

"It's Leeds next week and another Yorkshire derby. They'll be baying for blood because they lost today, so you can't take your foot off the gas in this league."

There were quite a few fans singing '' You dont know what your doing '' and '' Levein Out '' yesterday.

The number of fans each game singing anti Levein songs are rising , surely that tells you something.

yes ClueLess and the leicester mockery will give the impression its just one man and his dog giving CL grief.

it really does call for the fans to stage something at our next defeat or draw at home to cardiff and ask for his head. :protest:

"It's about having the desire to win games in the Championship.

So why play kisnorbits :rolleyes:

We've got good players who probably don't see themselves as relegation candidates - and it's that mind-set that doesn't help us."

Then change it, or dont you know how? If you dont know, please step aside.

"We started well, but they came back into it with a magnificent goal.

Are you saying we couldnt have done anything about it? How about closing the facker down???

"We dominated the second half, but I'm disappointed we didn't make them work as hard as we should have done."

The only problem with that is, we didnt make their goalie and defence work hard.

"Maybe this was a reality check after last week. The players dream about playing in the Premiership, but in reality it's a lot different.

How can they dream about playing in the Premiership when we've only won 13 league games in 60 under Levein? It's just an excuse to hide his own failings as a manager.

I was cautious after the Spurs results, because we had experienced the same good feel factor after the Sheffield United game, and then failed to kick on. We do have the players at our disposal to be much higher up the league, so it all comes back to the manager. He simply isn't getting the best out of the squad, which has been constructed with the 5th highest wage budget in this division.

I have tried to stick with Levein for as long as possible, but I've had enough. However, we have to be realistic here. The board have just given him money to spend on a new striker, so can you seriously see them sacking him? I can't, unless the fans make their feelings known with such force.

And on top of that, who do we replace him with?

We have major problems, but something has to change to safeguard our future.

How can they dream about playing in the Premiership when we've only won 13 league games in 60 under Levein? It's just an excuse to hide his own failings as a manager.

I was cautious after the Spurs results, because we had experienced the same good feel factor after the Sheffield United game, and then failed to kick on. We do have the players at our disposal to be much higher up the league, so it all comes back to the manager. He simply isn't getting the best out of the squad, which has been constructed with the 5th highest wage budget in this division.

I have tried to stick with Levein for as long as possible, but I've had enough. However, we have to be realistic here. The board have just given him money to spend on a new striker, so can you seriously see them sacking him? I can't, unless the fans make their feelings known with such force.

And on top of that, who do we replace him with?

We have major problems, but something has to change to safeguard our future.

I think a good lower league manager would see the potential the team has and they may feel they can take this team further and up the league. Hopefully to the premiership

I think a good lower league manager would see the potential the team has and they may feel they can take this team further and up the league. Hopefully to the premiership

It's all well and good saying that. First of all, we'd have to pay Levein off. Then we'd have to pay Compensation for a manager already in a job. It could be a very messy process.

It's all well and good saying that. First of all, we'd have to pay Levein off. Then we'd have to pay Compensation for a manager already in a job. It could be a very messy process.

I was thinking of it this way, basically its gona cost us unless Levein keeps us up (can anyone of us honestly say hes definately going to keep us up?). If he stays and we do get relegated whos ton say the form is going to improve next year? this time next year we could be languishing near the pit of league 1.. I don't think theres that big a gap in playing skill between the divisons myself. Forest have improved over last year but even they are only mid table in league 1. Eventually if he doesn't start picking up results surely there comes a point where we have to stop the rot somewhere? and then it is going to cost us money, only if we are in a lesser divison there will obviously be less coming in... whatever the board do now really is a bit of a risk.. do they stick with Levein and hope he doesnt get us relegated? do we risk bringing in soeone else in the hope they can save us from looming relegation..? do we just think fock it, we'll go down and stick with levein and hope the same old shit doesnt happen next year in league 1...?

In my opinion we need to take a risk and bring someone else in, I just thini we'll be waiting forever before Levein grows a decent managerial brain, we talk about some of our players being out of their depth but I think they aren't the only ones... =/

I was thinking of it this way, basically its gona cost us unless Levein keeps us up (can anyone of us honestly say hes definately going to keep us up?). If he stays and we do get relegated whos ton say the form is going to improve next year? this time next year we could be languishing near the pit of league 1.. I don't think theres that big a gap in playing skill between the divisons myself. Forest have improved over last year but even they are only mid table in league 1. Eventually if he doesn't start picking up results surely there comes a point where we have to stop the rot somewhere? and then it is going to cost us money, only if we are in a lesser divison there will obviously be less coming in... whatever the board do now really is a bit of a risk.. do they stick with Levein and hope he doesnt get us relegated? do we risk bringing in soeone else in the hope they can save us from looming relegation..? do we just think fock it, we'll go down and stick with levein and hope the same old shit doesnt happen next year in league 1...?

In my opinion we need to take a risk and bring someone else in, I just thini we'll be waiting forever before Levein grows a decent managerial brain, we talk about some of our players being out of their depth but I think they aren't the only ones... =/

110% correct.. I aggree in everything you just said

Archived