Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Rich_Sheffield

Boycott the News of the World

Any one fancy joining me in boycotting the News of the World after the Sven Revelations.

I believe the paper behave irresponsibly, entrapping the England manager especially so close to the world cup. They should be behind him.

Your views?

I can't help feel Sven brought it all upon himself. He was unprofessional and got busted.

The fact is he made allegations against specific clubs and revealed personal information related to a number of players he is supposed to protect. Not forgetting his suggestion that he have a word with Beckham to get him to join him if he became club manager at Villa a.k.a. Tapping-Up a player.

Now whilst this does not make him any less guilty that other football managers, he got caught. As with any crime, if you get caught, you must expect some form of punishment.

To be honest, he is hardly being punished. He is doing what he would have done anyway and get a large pay-off for it.

Now granted, my arguments for not supporting your boycott are related to Sven's actions as oppose to the newspaper's conduct regarding its use of entrapment, however, if this is your complaint, then it should probably be in general chat.

Anyway, it's all academic because England are going to win the World Cup, Sven will be a hero, leave the England job, make a fortune through advertising endorsements and everybody will be happy.

I have never been a fan of Sven but I am even less of a fan of the rubbish printed in tabloid newspapers I haven't purchased any for a long while, everything they print is usually total rubbish!!!

However I don't think things Sven said were that shocking, I would say more than a couple of Premiership clubs are rotten at the core, Ferdinand is lazy doesn't like to run if he can help it and seems to spend most of the match just standing around, Owen is at Newcastle for the money nobody else would pay the fee Madrid wanted Newcastle was hardly his first choice and Rooney is from a poor family. most of it is pretty accurate as far as I am concerned but he probably shouldn't have said it

good luck with the boycott.. at the end of the day they were probs out of order but papers like the times and daily mail are just boring :ph34r::cool:

Well the daily mail is worse than the news of the world, scare mongering sluts.

Archived