Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Bigman

Official Statement from OS

Leicester City today announced that Craig Levein, Peter Houston and Kenny Black will be leaving the club with immediate effect.

Tim Davies said: "It is with huge disappointment that we have to announce the departure of Craig, Peter and Kenny. I would like to thank them for the work they have done for the club since their arrival in November 2004. At that time we set out on a long term strategy for the club to:

- Players on longer term contracts, living locally who want to do well for the club

- Development of younger players through the Academy system

- Reduction of the average age of playing squad

- Sustainable off-field business development to support the club

- Financial prudence - living within our means

"Much of this has been achieved. However our league position is unacceptable and we need to make a change. We have had great support from our fans and all of us have one common goal, to avoid relegation and we see this as the way forward to do this."

In the short term Rob Kelly will be taking over as caretaker manager and goal keeping Coach Mike Stowell will be assisting him in the interim

I am happy about this. It had to be happen.

I do also wish CL all the best for the future. Even though results didn't go the way he wanted, he has done some good things for the club.

Well in mate i agree with you and wish him well even if he has made a pigs ear of the job :thumbup:

Well, I doubt that bringing down the average with new, young players and reducing our wage bill is only Levein's merit.

Just the best with whichever club you'll sign in the future, Mr. Craig Levein.

Your sportive experiment with Leicester City has failed, though.

Archived