Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
leicester1884

The 'Give Levein More Time' Brigade

I'd give Levein more time.......about 10 years in Leicester jail if I had the chance - for the stupid way he went about trying to win football matches and the stubborn, intractable mentality that has left us in the League position we're in now.

Get over it....

The only reason I wasn't calling for CL's head is the lack of a viable alternative. To say people were "wrong" is a little unfair. Noone can see into the future, and we could have been pushing for a play-off place by now, if things were different. But that's the problem, it's all "ifs and buts".

The way I see it is this; CL has gone. There's no point in dwelling on what has already gone, and what could have been. We, as fans, have to get behind the team now, and hope we can get enough points from the remaining fixtures to stay in this division.

But I saw it coming. And a couple of other posters here (FNQ & Chandler) saw it coming last season and seem to have received nothing but abuse for their farsightedness (the lot of every prophet I suppose).

The truth is everybody could have seen it coming if they had just thought for themselves and used their own common sense a little.

But no, like lemmings they only re-evaluated their positions once they were over the cliff.

Hail Hail... you're a God..... I know your sort, always right ! Are you a woman by any chance ? :whistle:

That's right, I always, always think that I am right :rolleyes:

Just that I think if CL had of been shown the door back then we would not be in real danger of slipping into the third division as we are now for the first time in our history.

And as for things going backwards, i think we have moved forward in every department apart from the most important, results!!

Exactly.

Football is a results game!

I'd much rather play dull unattractive football and win every game than play beautiful free-flowing football and lose every week.

That's right, I always, always think that I am right :rolleyes:

Just that I think if CL had of been shown the door back then we would not be in real danger of slipping into the third division as we are now for the first time in our history.

You plonker! lol. U don't know that at all. If we had sacked him earlier and brought someone in, you have no idea whether they would have done a better job, just like you would have no idea that CL may have turned it around back then. Sure there were bad signs with CL but no-one could have really predicted how we would fair 10-15 games down the line. It is bloody obvious that managers have to be given time in football otherwise what's the point, CL had what i think was a right amount of time to get his team and the results that we needed and he didn't, so he got sacked! Can we please just move on now! ANd stop all this 'I told you so' crap! ANd for the record I didn't and i bet majority of us didn't 'ABUSE' those ppl who wanted him sacked ages ago. We probably just suggested to give the management team more time! Hardly abuse :huh:

Exactly.

Football is a results game!

I'd much rather play dull unattractive football and win every game than play beautiful free-flowing football and lose every week.

lol, cut and paste that bit! For those who didnt read my earlier post, i went on to say.........'I think Cl has given us a great basis for success in the future but he just couldn't motivate or cut it tactically come matchdays, so he had to go'

I posted on here around 10 games into the season that I thought it was time for CL to go. We were at the time averaging a point a game and I stated that if this continued we would certainly be dragged into the relegation fight and that I thought that things had only got worse under Levein. Poor tatics, poor signings, no passion or leadership etc

Not many agreed and stated that they could see improvement and that given time (many suggested Xmas) Levein would turn things around.

Just wondering if any of those who disagreed with me at the time now admit they were wrong and that it would of been better to have sacked him then??

Let's just hope it's not too late.

no i was right, he did turn things round by christmas and we're now sitting proudly in a play-off place. :rolleyes:

Archived