Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox4ever

Martin George

It's typical of this board that one of the few directors who actually knows anything about football was voted off the board. Basically for telling it how it is.

Martin George is one of the few people in the club with any dosh. Weetabix family, recently sold the business.

He is also the man who found Brian Little, Mark McGee and our beloved Martin (the later against the then boards wishes as they were about to offer Walker the job).

So in my humble opinion, the sooner we get Martin back on the board and possibly even as Chairman the better.

If nothing else this board should face facts that having appointed Micky Adams and Craig Levein they are not the best judge of managers and should leave it to someone who is. Alright I know Brian and Mark left in unsavoury circumstances but you must agree we started playing better football under them.

I read in a Sunday rag that changes family circumstances mean that MON may wish to return to football next season. How about helping us out until then. Again Martin George is probably the only man left at the club who would still be able to approach MON and be made welcome.

On another note, there is a strong rumour that this board are looking for buyers for the training ground. Presumably they want there money out before we go down into financial ruin.

But isn't it the case that this board are paying for the previous board?

In all fairness on paper MA and CL look good. CL even better than BL.

At least the Leicester chairman is a genuine fan. We could have rupert lowe, a rugby man!

If they do make another mistake then they should go back to being fans. :mad:

It's typical of this board that one of the few directors who actually knows anything about football was voted off the board. Basically for telling it how it is.

Martin George is one of the few people in the club with any dosh. Weetabix family, recently sold the business.

He is also the man who found Brian Little, Mark McGee and our beloved Martin (the later against the then boards wishes as they were about to offer Walker the job).

So in my humble opinion, the sooner we get Martin back on the board and possibly even as Chairman the better.

If nothing else this board should face facts that having appointed Micky Adams and Craig Levein they are not the best judge of managers and should leave it to someone who is. Alright I know Brian and Mark left in unsavoury circumstances but you must agree we started playing better football under them.

I read in a Sunday rag that changes family circumstances mean that MON may wish to return to football next season. How about helping us out until then. Again Martin George is probably the only man left at the club who would still be able to approach MON and be made welcome.

On another note, there is a strong rumour that this board are looking for buyers for the training ground. Presumably they want there money out before we go down into financial ruin.

Martin O'neill is never coming back, as soon as we all get our head around this, the sooner we can get our head around the fact we have no money and we are in serious danager of getting relegated.

If I remember rightly Martin George was very very tight as a chairman ???

Good riddance!

Martin George had no intention of putting any money in LCFC. He was on the board for years an never put in vast sums which he could obviously afford.

As for finding Little et al, rubbish it was a case of picking the best applicant everytime.

I remember the chants at Filbert Street of 'George Out' the man hardly put a been into leicester. What ever happened to rumours of david wilson or Englebert humpadink putting money into the club?

apparently david wilson was never interested and it was all wishful thinking

I remember the chants at Filbert Street of 'George Out' the man hardly put a been into leicester. What ever happened to rumours of david wilson or Englebert humpadink putting money into the club?

David Wilson is on the board at the County cricket. Good bet for promotion this coming season if you've got a spare quid !

I'm gonna try and get a job at Pukka Pies and work my way up the ladder untill I own it. I will then sack TD (with the blessing of the other dir erections) and take our club to the Premierleague on a spate of improper business conduct and illegal dealings.

But he was also on the board when we appointed Taylor, and when we nearly went bust!

He is part of our club's history. But that's where he should stay, unless he wants to change the habits of a lifetime and invest serious money in the club!

Archived