Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

QPR Match Thread

I think a special mention for Kisnorbo is in order - he had a great game at the back tonight. He and McCarthy bossed it there, against two very awkward centre forwards. Both showed a great deal of passion, determination and skill.

Just got back, what a fookin game, loved it!! Stearman was superb, Fyratt looked great and also Weso had a excellent game!! So happy and the lads were ecstatic at full time, shows how much the win meant, they came over clapping and were acting like we wont the cup! Great support to!

Fully deserve it to. True loyal Fans and to those that wernt there but generally taravel to away games a round of applause for you guys to.

Sounds like the boys were really relieved at the win and I can tell you that it came as a great relieve to me.

Frenzied also made mention of Kisnorbo and thats great to hear after all thats gone off.

remember winners are grinners and like cobbo I couldent be bothered reading 35 pages as the win is all that matters.

COME ON YOU MIGHTY FOXES

Mad(but delighted)Mick

This is what we're about. We're better than the slums of the championship.

Well done Rob Kelly and Mike Stowell.

It took CL a year to win a league away game , its took Rk and MS a week. Now what does that tell you.

Pedantry Police here. It took CL a month to win his first league away game, not a year.

Well, overall a wonderful result. Congratulations to the players and Rob Kelly for that display. There was passion on the pitch again, and the players never gave up.

Now that the gap in the table has narrowed tremendously, there will be a lot more afraid teams. Relegation can hit almost everybody and the remaining third of this season will turn out to be a tough battle... With Leicester prevailing, I hope.

Finally a win on the road after such a long drought. This will certainly boost the team morale, cheer up the board and prove to Rob Kelly that his coaching style does indeed work. He should really stay until the end of the season.

C'MON LEICESTER, LET'S GO!!!

For the first time in what seems like a lifetime, I saw a spirited City performance. We went a goal down, and we got ourselves back, unusual in itself recently. We battled and took the lead only to lose it minutes later. Normally we would have capitulated, but last night the players kept on going, and we actually scored a winner! And instead of sitting back and letting QPR come at us, we even tried to score again! we took the ball into the corners. Chris O'Grady was great in that respect. He looks strong and determined, something we need not just up front, but in the team as a whole.

It wasn't all fantastic; as much as I enjoyed last night, I'm worried by how vulnerable we looked when defending set pieces. Ainsworth was unmarked, and from where I was sitting, it looked like Shittu had an easy chance too.

QPR are a big, physical side however. We managed to match them in the end, and I'm more optimistic now than I was 24 hours ago.

For the first time in what seems like a lifetime, I saw a spirited City performance. We went a goal down, and we got ourselves back, unusual in itself recently. We battled and took the lead only to lose it minutes later. Normally we would have capitulated, but last night the players kept on going, and we actually scored a winner! And instead of sitting back and letting QPR come at us, we even tried to score again! we took the ball into the corners. Chris O'Grady was great in that respect. He looks strong and determined, something we need not just up front, but in the team as a whole.

It wasn't all fantastic; as much as I enjoyed last night, I'm worried by how vulnerable we looked when defending set pieces. Ainsworth was unmarked, and from where I was sitting, it looked like Shittu had an easy chance too.

QPR are a big, physical side however. We managed to match them in the end, and I'm more optimistic now than I was 24 hours ago.

Agree with everything you wrote Lisa. We are so frail at the back, but need to stick with this back four so they get used to each other imho. Tempted to throw in Sheeehan at LB, but we would then be oh so young, although Stearman at RB is as good as anyone in the team.

Really liked O'Grady. I reckon he's got real belief and wasn't afraid to mix it with Shittu and Santos, who are hardly shy and retiring.

If we can scrape through this season, I do feel that the likes of Stearman, Fryatt, Weso, Sheehan and O'Grady provide genuine cause for optimism.

Hughes confuses me. He clearly has talent, but he drifts away from his position exposing the man behind him, Nils last night. His confidence and match fitness may be still be low, as he did show flickers of elegance.

Weso played virtually the whole game almost without putting a foot out of place. Like him a lot.

Daren't get my hopes up too much, but like you cautiously optimistic.

Archived