Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Message From the Chairman

Chairman's Message

Jim McCahill speaks to the fans ahead of Saturday's Championship fixture against Wolves at the Walkers Stadium.

0,,10274%7E2841640,00.jpg

I doubt there can have been few more eagerly-awaited and savoured victories than our 3-2 success at Queen's Park Rangers earlier this week.

And, once again, it just goes to show that our football club ultimately will be judged by the quality of performances out on the football pitch.

Undeniably those three points on Tuesday have lightened the skies above the Walkers Stadium a little.

But as I pen these notes I am well aware that all of you have endured more than your fair share of frustrations over the past few months.

Frustrations that have been shared by all of us. For irrespective of whether we are supporters, directors, manager, staff or players, we all want exactly the same end product.

I, my fellow directors and everyone involved in a professional capacity at the club are every bit as desperate as all of our supporters to achieve success.

We have 15 games remaining. And those 15 games will be among the most important the club has faced in its history.

Let's make no mistake here. We are fighting to preserve our Championship status.

Victory over QPR has now hauled us out of the relegation zone - albeit on goal difference from Brighton. But there is much more to be done.

What is the board doing about the current managerial situation?

Well, we have placed Rob Kelly in charge as caretaker manager, assisted by Mike Stowell, on a temporary basis.

They have our total support and I am sure all of you will continue to give them your every backing again this afternoon.

As a board of directors, we are currently looking at a variety of options regarding a longer-term successor.

Indeed, Rob certainly comes into our thoughts as well in this process.

I know that, given Rob's connections with Wolves, he is really looking forward to today's game and there can be no more powerful way of stating your case than by winning football matches.

I'd also like to extend a welcome to the Wolves directors, players and supporters for what I'm sure will be a passionately-contested Midlands derby.

Despite the disappointing exit from the FA Cup against Southampton, I don't think I'm giving too much away when I say that the Championship is our bread and butter.

I am sure you will understand the need for confidentiality in these matters and it is not the club's style to comment on the many number of managers who have been publicly linked with the position in the media.

We fully understand the media have their jobs to undertake in these situations and we fully appreciate how much our supporters wish to be kept informed.

This must be tempered by our desire to respect confidentiality and not to allow any publicity to hinder our attempts to get in the best man for the job.

That's our intention and that's what I and our Chief Executive Tim Davies have been charged to do by the Board.

Considerable progress has already been made and we have been impressed by the quality and diversity of the number of applicants we have received for the post.

I would also like to place on record my appreciation for the work undertaken by our former manager Craig Levein and his coaches Peter Houston and Kenny Black.

Much of what they set out to achieve was coming to fruition.

But the board was not in a position where it could not be concerned by a disappointing run of league results.

Results are ultimately always the yardstick by which any manager is judged and the board felt we had reached a situation where the best interests of the club were best served by parting company with Craig.

I am sure he will go on to prove himself as an excellent manager in the future and we all wish him every success.

There can be no denying that these are difficult times. It is in situations like this when we all need to stand up and be counted.

Tough decisions have to be made and I am sure that the next three months for the club will not be easy ones.

We need your support and your backing to give us the very best chance of winning the battle between now and May.

That depth of support was no better demonstrated than by the wonderful backing we received from fans who braved the time-consuming return midweek journeys to Plymouth and then QPR.

It was a Herculean effort to make such long hauls to be juggled around people's work commitments and it is that level of backing we are going to need in the coming weeks.

It's not going to be easy but we must all be ready.

As directors we will seek to identify and secure the best possible candidate to win us this fight.

Our players are fully aware of what is expected of them.

And as supporters your backing will be of paramount importance in the coming months.

Chairman's Message

Jim McCahill speaks to the fans ahead of Saturday's Championship fixture against Wolves at the Walkers Stadium.

0,,10274%7E2841640,00.jpg

I doubt there can have been few more eagerly-awaited and savoured victories than our 3-2 success at Queen's Park Rangers earlier this week.

And, once again, it just goes to show that our football club ultimately will be judged by the quality of performances out on the football pitch.

Undeniably those three points on Tuesday have lightened the skies above the Walkers Stadium a little.

But as I pen these notes I am well aware that all of you have endured more than your fair share of frustrations over the past few months.

Frustrations that have been shared by all of us. For irrespective of whether we are supporters, directors, manager, staff or players, we all want exactly the same end product.

I, my fellow directors and everyone involved in a professional capacity at the club are every bit as desperate as all of our supporters to achieve success.

We have 15 games remaining. And those 15 games will be among the most important the club has faced in its history.

Let's make no mistake here. We are fighting to preserve our Championship status.

Victory over QPR has now hauled us out of the relegation zone - albeit on goal difference from Brighton. But there is much more to be done.

What is the board doing about the current managerial situation?

Well, we have placed Rob Kelly in charge as caretaker manager, assisted by Mike Stowell, on a temporary basis.

They have our total support and I am sure all of you will continue to give them your every backing again this afternoon.

As a board of directors, we are currently looking at a variety of options regarding a longer-term successor.

Indeed, Rob certainly comes into our thoughts as well in this process.

I know that, given Rob's connections with Wolves, he is really looking forward to today's game and there can be no more powerful way of stating your case than by winning football matches.

I'd also like to extend a welcome to the Wolves directors, players and supporters for what I'm sure will be a passionately-contested Midlands derby.

Despite the disappointing exit from the FA Cup against Southampton, I don't think I'm giving too much away when I say that the Championship is our bread and butter.

I am sure you will understand the need for confidentiality in these matters and it is not the club's style to comment on the many number of managers who have been publicly linked with the position in the media.

We fully understand the media have their jobs to undertake in these situations and we fully appreciate how much our supporters wish to be kept informed.

This must be tempered by our desire to respect confidentiality and not to allow any publicity to hinder our attempts to get in the best man for the job.

That's our intention and that's what I and our Chief Executive Tim Davies have been charged to do by the Board.

Considerable progress has already been made and we have been impressed by the quality and diversity of the number of applicants we have received for the post.

I would also like to place on record my appreciation for the work undertaken by our former manager Craig Levein and his coaches Peter Houston and Kenny Black.

Much of what they set out to achieve was coming to fruition.

But the board was not in a position where it could not be concerned by a disappointing run of league results.

Results are ultimately always the yardstick by which any manager is judged and the board felt we had reached a situation where the best interests of the club were best served by parting company with Craig.

I am sure he will go on to prove himself as an excellent manager in the future and we all wish him every success.

There can be no denying that these are difficult times. It is in situations like this when we all need to stand up and be counted.

Tough decisions have to be made and I am sure that the next three months for the club will not be easy ones.

We need your support and your backing to give us the very best chance of winning the battle between now and May.

That depth of support was no better demonstrated than by the wonderful backing we received from fans who braved the time-consuming return midweek journeys to Plymouth and then QPR.

It was a Herculean effort to make such long hauls to be juggled around people's work commitments and it is that level of backing we are going to need in the coming weeks.

It's not going to be easy but we must all be ready.

As directors we will seek to identify and secure the best possible candidate to win us this fight.

Our players are fully aware of what is expected of them.

And as supporters your backing will be of paramount importance in the coming months.

The people 'downstairs' must read this forum. I say this because of the many recent threads asking 'who is the Chairman?' and 'what is he doing to help preserve our Championship status?',seem to have been answered on the OS. What a coincidence?!

Archived