Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bald reynard

Eric Black ?

Now all the Newell furore has died down, I go back to my original suggestion, made the day afetr CL went - Eric Black (currently Assistant to Steve Bruce at Brum) - and 'young' Broadbent at the Mercury agreed with me ! Black has a good track record, is likely to be available (and relatively cheaply) as an Assistant Manager and is local with a good knowledge of the 'Midlands scene'. He could come on his own (or with Gary Mac ?), or work with Kelly (which I would favour); but I do beleive he's one to consider now.

What's he ever actually done as a manager?

Genuine question, not taking the p!ss, just wonder if I've missed something here as there are a lot of calls for him and I don't know much about him at all

Managed Cov for 26 games after Gary Mac left. Won 12, Drew 4, Lost 10. Managed Motherwell for a similar amount of games (27, Won 7, Drew 4, Lost 16). In my opinion he's too inexperienced, yes he did well for Cov but that could just have been the same sort of effect that Kelly is having here. Kelly might keep us up then turn out to be a rubbish manager next season. No point spending money on that much of a gamble (or on like for like you could say)...also if he really wanted to be a manager by himself then he'd have done so after his time at Cov when his stock was high, not just gone back to being an assistant.

Managed Cov for 26 games after Gary Mac left. Won 12, Drew 4, Lost 10. Managed Motherwell for a similar amount of games (27, Won 7, Drew 4, Lost 16). In my opinion he's too inexperienced, yes he did well for Cov but that could just have been the same sort of effect that Kelly is having here. Kelly might keep us up then turn out to be a rubbish manager next season. No point spending money on that much of a gamble (or on like for like you could say)...also if he really wanted to be a manager by himself then he'd have done so after his time at Cov when his stock was high, not just gone back to being an assistant.

How is losing 10 out of 26 games 'doing well' ??? (obviously better than this seasons form) Is this really what we want, bearing in mind promotion is the target, where only 5 loses are really acceptable!!!

How is losing 10 out of 26 games 'doing well' ??? (obviously better than this seasons form) Is this really what we want, bearing in mind promotion is the target, where only 5 loses are really acceptable!!!

Because he had taken over a shite and demoralised team off Gary Mac and got them away from the relegation zone.

He did very well at Cov. Then their thick arse board decided to replace him with monkey heed.

Archived