Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Save Rotherham

Just a thought, say if Rotherham don't reach their £1million target, what happens to the money they've raised?

Her Majestys Inland Revenue will get a rather large cheque :cry:

Sorry I thought you wanted to know what happens if they reach their target, yeh what happens to it if they don't?

I didn't see any collectors.

There was only one guy, chappell59 here's what he's said:

just a big thankyou on behalf of all at rotherham united to all those that donated to the cause today, got abit of stick for it but also raised £651.79 (only just finished counting it!!!). also many kind words from most people as you have been in the situation.

still gutted though, missed my first rotherham win in 7 years, they dont come around too often

Out of interest - who was the last club to go bust???

North of the border, it's quite common for clubs to go under.

The whole Wimbledon - MK Dons scenario played itself out in Scotland in 1995, with Meadowbank Thistle the minor team from the nation's capital to lose out, and Livingston the featureless new town to benefit.

In 2002, Dumbarton had something to celebrate for the first time in their history when drug-infested slum town Clydebank was wiped from the football map. They were replaced by an obscure team from far down the non-league pyramid, who are now on an unstoppable march to the Scottish Premierleague. I think that puts the standard of the Scottish game in context.

In the same year, the spiritual home of Combat18 lost it's club when Airdrieonians went bust. Their last ever game, away to Ayr United, was adandoned after a pitch invasion by Hitler-saluting Airdrie fans who caused so much vandalism that the game could not continue. Sadly for the rest of the country, these same pea-brained Nazi hooligans are still part of Scottish football: Airdrieonians were replaced by Airdrie United, and Section B continues it's Swastica-waving across the First division to this day.

I hope that Rovrum don't go bust, but if they do they could consider the Airdrieonians approach: Just call themselves Rovrum United United and drop down a division...

Archived