Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Save Rotherham

I've been asked to post this on here, remembering how we felt when we were on the brink I hope you'll all put some cash in this bucket.

Hi, I'm a rotherham fan living in leicester. im sure that you have seen the news about rotherham united, we need to raise £1million in the next 4weeks to avoid being closed down, not administration, we will just cease trading. all the details are on www.themillers.co.uk

basically i am coming begging, alot of millers fans threw money into your buckets when we were down here a few years ago, now i am asking for the same favour in return. nobody wants to see a football club go bust, unfortunately it seems that we may be the first for a while.

i will be based around the raw dykes road area (away corner of the ground i believe) with a rotherham shirt and a bucket, i am missing the rotherham v bournemouth game for this and so there will only be me doing it. if you dont spot me but stll wish to donate, please visit the website in the link.

if anybody would like to help me in this feat then please e-mail me on [email protected]

Link : www.savethemillers.co.uk

smilies-25369.png

I really respect roman abramovich, on the millers website it says he has donated 20k. What a top guy, didn't he do something similar with a youth set up or something to a low club? most people that rich are as tight as they are wealthy, he does actually love the sport.

i will pledge a couple of quid..just out of interest if your club goes bust who will you support?

if leicester went bust i couldnt support anyone else..we would have to set up an afc leicester or something :blink:

Could'nt really support anyone else.

Id probably just follow my home town.

I really respect roman abramovich, on the millers website it says he has donated 20k. What a top guy, didn't he do something similar with a youth set up or something to a low club? most people that rich are as tight as they are wealthy, he does actually love the sport.

If I remember rightly, Abramovich gave the proceeds of the gate money to Notts County when they were really struggling for money in the Caring Cup match when they played Chelsea at Stamford Bridge.

I distinctly remember a few Rovrum fans revelling in it.

Basically, what comes around, goes around. If I was there, I'd throw a few quid in the bucket, but I hope those who mocked us feel stupid now. Tossers.

To be fair, there's a few scummers at every club. I'd agree with the last bit though.

I like Rotherham. They have one of the worst grounds in the Universe. Which is why it should be preserved. :thumbup:

Yeh that is quite genorous although how much hes got it would be like small change

Yeh that is quite genorous although how much hes got it would be like small change

It fell out of his pocket when his trousers were hung up by his man-servant ;)

Archived