Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Carlo

One Hit Wonders

Anybody remember such groups or individuals such as

the Reynolds Girls

Buggles

Sid Owen!!!!

27650[/snapback]

I'd rather, Jack, than Fleetwood Mac.................

Classic...............

Dont think you quite understand chap.

No band just sings one song, one hit wonders and singing one song is different.

28643[/snapback]

Yes, the other songs were apparent 'hits' too.

So maybe the title 3 hit wonder would be more appropriate :thumbup:

One-hit wonders are bands or single artists which appear out of nowhere and disappear quite quickly soon after their "breakthrough".

In the last couple of years (let's go back 20 to 25 years) the music industry has become a real industry where sales count and not the performance.

With Techno in the early 90ies emerging as something "popular" (although I never understood what was so special about those stupid and emotionless computer tunes), the industry hooked on it and produced masses of songs nobody actually really needed.

Later on, we were "embraced" by artists such as Milli Vanilli... :wacko:

Nowadays, we are flooded with cheap artists with cheap names (Vanilla Ninja, O-Zone, whatever) who are just a merchandising thing mass-produced in high-tech studio systems.

They can't sing (> Genesis lol), can't play instruments (and look really pathetic when trying to do so:)) and don't even write their own songs.

And the sad thing is, those are the bands you're very, very likely to find in the charts.

Another reason for me to stop listening to the radio...

Archived