Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
reynard

What is our best midfield?

I reckon-

Maybs

Hughes

Joey

Smudger

Not sure about Maybury though tbh. Can have his day in that position like Derby (even though i didnt think he was that good anyway!)

Hughes has to play, same with Joey. These are class midfielders, but they both like to go bombing forward. I hate to say it, but Joey played his best when Kisnorbo was in midfield, as it gave him the license to get forward. So these two might 'clash'. To me, they did against Derby.

We have to play Smith. It was only a few months ago that everyone on here was hailing him as the next George Best, and in a few years he would fill the England left wing position. Where are you lot now?

He does add an extra dimension. Sylla is crap, so Smith is our only natural winger really.

I still think Smith has the potential to be an England player, he went missing when we went through that nasty period under Levein and hasn't really played since. He'll be back to his self soon if given the chance and I hope he does as he's one of a few players we have at this club that gets you on your feet when he gets the ball.

The loss of Weso has really put the balance of our midfield into question. so who would people play?

Assume Kisnorbo will now only play at the back the following players are all we have

smith wide player not great defensively and off form at the moment

sylla wide player still to prove his worth

hammill wide player not upto it according to most on this forum

hughes central midfielder high on occasional quality but imo looks a bit lightweight for a relegation scrap

williams an enigma

joey either good or awful even within the same match

maybury a full back playing right side midfield. very good v derby but can he do the same against better teams.

there doesn't seem to be any reserves coming through in these positions so imo our options are not great.

maybe

maybury

joey

hughes

smith?

is it time for a loan signing? the midfield area will be crucial to us if we are to stay up and I'm not sure we have all the options we really need.

I would agree with that, especially Maybury, he was brilliant on Tuesday night!

Archived