Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Phube

Finally...

was looking through the programme earlier on and was puzzled by the player stats on hume.

he only signed for us this season and for this season it has 16 appearances but in total appearances which includes other seasons it has 17 :blink:

oops , missed the cup appearance.

note to self , lay off the drinkies.

People were harsh on MDV i think.

Totally agree, regardless of performances, MDV would have been guaranteed to suffer abuse from certains sections of the crowd. As for Hume, he certainly seems to have had a new lease of life under the Kelly regime; although it's still early, but Fryatt and Hume do look like a class act together.

Just goes to show how many goals de Vries did score. Hume's got 3 goals in 3 and yet he's still 3 behind! People were harsh on MDV i think.

I think it was more to do with the style of play we seemed to adopt when MDV played, that frustrated people the most rather than the player himself. I recall a bloke next to me went absolutly ape shit when he was in the starting line up at reading and he commented when he had calmed down that we were going to be playing long ball which would play into readings hands.

I think it was more to do with the style of play we seemed to adopt when MDV played, that frustrated people the most rather than the player himself. I recall a bloke next to me went absolutly ape shit when he was in the starting line up at reading and he commented when he had calmed down that we were going to be playing long ball which would play into readings hands.

I agree with that, but i do think that MDV played well a lot of the time. He looked awful, he's not the most graceful of players, which didn't help, but he did create chances and he did actually score which at the time, nobody else (of the strikers) were doing. We were having to rely on goals from midfielders and defenders with de Vries. It doesn't matter now though, he's gone and Hume has started scoring. Somebody on the radio on the way home said 'note to Levein: Hume has run of games = goals'. I thought that was terrible. Not true either. Levein gave him a period of about 8 starts out of 10 few months ago.

In theory matty fryatt is the leagues top scorer with 17 goals in theory that is :ph34r:

Good point... :thumbup:

But being serious it is really unfair that he has been taken off the League 1 top scorers chart even though he should still be placed 4th. :thumbdown:

Archived