Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jordan

New U.S. World Cup uniforms

3) Ghana are picking Elvis Hammond. - Top European league? Be very careful using the word all

Elvis won't play for Ghana in the world cup. He won't even get in the squad. Eddie Lewis will probably start for the USA.

This Ghana?

Jees its one result! I said that it is arguable who has the better squad, I think the match between the two sides will be a close run thing but I have a feeling they might over power you. (Note I don't know they'll over power you because as you say football is played on grass not on paper). USA MIGHT qualify from their group, but you'd have to be extremly biased to say it is anything but an outside chance when they are unluclky enough to be in a group with two of europes best teams.

Elvis won't play for Ghana in the world cup. He won't even get in the squad. Eddie Lewis will probably start for the USA.

Jees its one result! I said that it is arguable who has the better squad, I think the match between the two sides will be a close run thing but I have a feeling they might over power you. (Note I don't know they'll over power you because as you say football is played on grass not on paper). USA MIGHT qualify from their group, but you'd have to be extremly biased to say it is anything but an outside chance when they are unluclky enough to be in a group with two of europes best teams.

1)I am not American.

2)They lost to Zimbabwe as well. Thats 2 results.

3) the Czechs are vastly overrated - struggled to get out of their qualifying group.

1)I am not American.

2)They lost to Zimbabwe as well. Thats 2 results.

3) the Czechs are vastly overrated - struggled to get out of their qualifying group.

I've got to give TrickyTrev support here. You will be an outsider in this group. The Czechs are vastly overrated? They've been vastly underrated since 1996 until people finally took notice of them again in Euro 2004. Nedved might be an oldish fox by now, but he's still miles ahead of the best current American player, whether that'll be Donovan, Adu, Beasley, McBride or John Doe.

And if you've got any experience with Cup football, you'll know that the way you qualify doesn't mean $hit.

I'm hoping the US can produce as good displays as in 98 and 2002, but I doubt they can live up to them.

And while Ghana didn't impress me much during the CAN, you underestimate them at your own peril!

I've got to give TrickyTrev support here. You will be an outsider in this group. The Czechs are vastly overrated? They've been vastly underrated since 1996 until people finally took notice of them again in Euro 2004. Nedved might be an oldish fox by now, but he's still miles ahead of the best current American player, whether that'll be Donovan, Adu, Beasley, McBride or John Doe.

And if you've got any experience with Cup football, you'll know that the way you qualify doesn't mean $hit.

I'm hoping the US can produce as good displays as in 98 and 2002, but I doubt they can live up to them.

And while Ghana didn't impress me much during the CAN, you underestimate them at your own peril!

Who will be an outsider?

Again I AM NOT AN AMERICAN.

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/t/team...w.html?team=CZE

The Czechs in their qualifying group - Lost home and away to the Dutch. Lost to Romania away.Not that impressive. Remember this is the first time they have qualified for the World Cup as the Czech Republic. Missed out in 9,.98 and 2002. I would expect an underrated team to qualify once in a while. I just don't think they will make it out of the group.

Not sure where you get the good results in 98 for the US from.

Sure Nedved is a better player than any of the septics BUT one player does not make a team.

Did EURO 2004 not teach anybody anything?

Who will be an outsider?

Again I AM NOT AN AMERICAN.

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/t/team...w.html?team=CZE

The Czechs in their qualifying group - Lost home and away to the Dutch. Lost to Romania away.Not that impressive. Remember this is the first time they have qualified for the World Cup as the Czech Republic. Missed out in 9,.98 and 2002. I would expect an underrated team to qualify once in a while. I just don't think they will make it out of the group.

Not sure where you get the good results in 98 for the US from.

Sure Nedved is a better player than any of the septics BUT one player does not make a team.

Did EURO 2004 not teach anybody anything?

Sorry about that, the Americans will be outsiders in the group.

The 3 games that the Czechz lost were all 3 very tough games. Romania is an up and coming force again, just look at their overwhelming results at club level in Europe! And Holland have been a footballing elite for quite a while and Van Basten seems to have finally made something that resembles an unit out of them. And both those games were close and could in reality have gone either way. Not overly impressive no, but we've people expect the Czechs to qualify with ease nowadays, but being in the arguably toughest group in Europe obviously didnt make it easy.

While they haven't made the World Cup in ages, they've reached the final in the European Championships (arguably a harder Cup) in 96 and the semi's in 2004 and being literally cheated in the group stages in 2000.

I'm well aware that 1 man doesn't make a team. The Czechs coincidentally have one of the best drilled squads in Europe at the current time with great individual talent to supplement that (Baros, Heinz, Rosicky, Koller, Nedved, Galasek, Jankulovski, Cech etc.) so that argument doesn't hold up. And yes, every cup has it's surprise package ('90 Cameroon, '92 Denmark, '94 Sweden/Bulgaria, '96 Czech Rep, '98 Croatia, '02 South Korea/Turkey/Germany, '04 Greece) so, yes, we do know that relative nobodies can surprise everyone and get far.

I just don't understand what you're objecting about really. Nobody vastly underrates the Americans anymore, we know they've got a decent team. 10 years ago, people in Europe would've struggled to name a single player in the US team, today it's a whole different story!

But why deny the fact that the Americans ARE STILL outsiders in a group comprising 2 teams with some of the biggest names in football?

Sorry about that, the Americans will be outsiders in the group.

I just don't understand what you're objecting about really. Nobody vastly underrates the Americans anymore, we know they've got a decent team. 10 years ago, people in Europe would've struggled to name a single player in the US team, today it's a whole different story!

But why deny the fact that the Americans ARE STILL outsiders in a group comprising 2 teams with some of the biggest names in football?

1) Just trying to get people to look at things a different way. The gap between the so called elite nations and the rest is closing at a faster rate than people think.

2) Names? Mean nothing. I will give you Nedved and Cech on the Czechs but who else is a big name in world football on that team.

3) Now if the Czechs had got to the Quarter Finals last time and won their Continental championship they would quite rightly be among the 2 favoured to go through. Why the the hypocrisy for the USA?

4) The Czechs were not in the toughest qualifying group. Arguably it was the Danish group.

5) The major advantage the Americans have is that their domestic players will be training together from about April onwards. Full time with the National Team. Far easier to slot in your European based players to that than getting 23 players together at the end of the European season -

Your certainty is a joke. I'm not saying it is certain that they won't qualify (I think it is unlikely) but to deny the possibility that they may not get out of a group containing Italy, The Czechs and Ghana is ridiculous.

I dunno I really wouldnt want to predict that group, The Italains can be hit and miss, as can the Czechs, and the yanks do have some exciting talent coming through.

I dunno I really wouldnt want to predict that group, The Italains can be hit and miss, as can the Czechs, and the yanks do have some exciting talent coming through.

I'm not denying that they have good players and recognise that they can compete at internationa level hapily, I am mreley stating they ARE outsiders for the group. That doesn't mean they won't get through the group, it would be an absuridty to say that they won't, it is just an even bigger absurdity to say they WILL go through the group.

Archived