Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Calzaghe vs. Lacy

Joe Calzaghe, LEG END.

Doesn't matter if you're not normally a boxing fan, if you're reading this and it's not too late to catch the repeat on Sunday morning - watch the fight. Absolutely first class fight.

Anybody else stay up to watch it?

yeah , calzaghe was absolute class . and the bookies had lacy as favorite ! i had a fiver on joe to win on points and won me self 20 quid . well done calzaghe

Calzaghe is the best fighter in Britain. He mullered Lacy , very intelligant boxing by Joe , did'nt open him self up for Lacy's left hook.

Hopefully he'll be recognised in the US now.

Calzaghe is the best fighter in Britain. He mullered Lacy , very intelligant boxing by Joe , did'nt open him self up for Lacy's left hook.

It was a boxing masterclass, it really was. Lacey was lucky not to be sparked out and permanently damaged, the ref was cutting it abit fine at times. I thought it should have been stopped after about round 6 or 7 and Lacey could have been severely injured but it's testiment to how good Calzaghe is that he destroyed someone as strong as Lacey is and that Lacey withstood one hell of a beating.

Ricky Hatton is up there with Calzaghe I think, both phenomenal boxers.

It was a boxing masterclass, it really was. Lacey was lucky not to be sparked out and permanently damaged, the ref was cutting it abit fine at times. I thought it should have been stopped after about round 6 or 7 and Lacey could have been severely injured but it's testiment to how good Calzaghe is that he destroyed someone as strong as Lacey is and that Lacey withstood one hell of a beating.

Ricky Hatton is up there with Calzaghe I think, both phenomenal boxers.

British boxing back where it belongs

He is now arguably the best pound for pound Boxer in the world never mind Britain.

He should now unify the title by beating Kessler, because unless Bernard Hopkins wins the light-middleweight title back there is no point going up a weight, the present title holders are not what you would call box office draws!

..............although Clinton Woods at The Millenium Stadium would be nice for the UK.

Archived