Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Frenzied

The Chelsea ran away...

You're right there Chrissshaw, I was in Vienna on the train, if it wasn't for the BS, we would have got nailed big time. The Redstar fans/ hoolies didn't care if you were in a 'Firm' they just wanted to hurt City fans, however they took a kicking cos they got on the wrong train !

I agree I also feel somewhat safer if the BS are around

What was the Vienna incident how long ago was it?

I agree I also feel somewhat safer if the BS are around

What was the Vienna incident how long ago was it?

2000 i think not sure tho that put our lot back on the map as it were.

heard one of the red star blokes baught his mum with him sad git :D

It was September 2000, when we played Red Star Belgrade in the first round of the UEFA Cup. They couldn't play the game at their stadium due to the fact there was a disagreement between Serbs and Croats or something like that going on at the time. I think the ticket for the game was only about £12, my mum tried to hide my passport to stop me from going at the time - bless her. She nearly had the last laugh tho.

Red Star boys were like a hunting pack looking around for any English people really. They boarded the train thinking they were gonna give out a kicking to a few LCFC. Unfortunately for them BS had also occupied the train and it went off big time. I think a lot of fans on the train were thankful BS were there actually otherwise a lot of people would have taken a right kicking.

On another point, I do think that stewards and Feds do a lot to spoil the game. I mean there are a few chants containing abusive language and if they hear you swear nowadays towards away fans that's it you are out. I will never forget one guy who took his son to a game down Filbo. He sat down in front of me and turned to his lad and said "for the next 90 mins you can say what you like, but as soon as you leave this ground the swearing stops. Understand?" The kid had a field day abusing the away fans, ref etc. So yes, I do think fans are being unfairly treated and the authorities do look for any scrap of a excuse to jump on you from a great height and it is spoling the game cus nowadays people are too busy trying not to get thrown out than supporting their team.

ps, I am not in any firm before anyone has a go.

yeah i remember about 20 red star lads tried to get into the train to kick off at about 15 of our fans not realising the BS were in there aswell i remember one red star lad saying something along the lines of 'oh shit'.

it went off big time me and my mates were in the middle of it with no intention of fighting but we had to get out of it somehow we threw a few punches and quickly scarpred the adrenalin rush was something else it's weird that when someone is forced to be violent it seems to come naturally.

i am not condoning violence in any way tho

yeah i remember about 20 red star lads tried to get into the train to kick off at about 15 of our fans not realising the BS were in there aswell i remember one red star lad saying something along the lines of 'oh shit'.

it went off big time me and my mates were in the middle of it with no intention of fighting but we had to get out of it somehow we threw a few punches and quickly scarpred the adrenalin rush was something else it's weird that when someone is forced to be violent it seems to come naturally.

i am not condoning violence in any way tho

I was with a few lads on the train, we were just minding our own business, then about 20-30 RedStar lads came into our carriage, they pulled their belts off and started went to lay into the Leicester lads, but they picked the wrong carriage, they were trapped at both ends and it just happened that there was a few handy lads there. I believe there was some video footage of this, however it's been awhile since I seen it so don't remember how I seen it before.

No I'm not a hooligan, just travelled in numbers to Madrid and Vienna.

I was with a few lads on the train, we were just minding our own business, then about 20-30 RedStar lads came into our carriage, they pulled their belts off and started went to lay into the Leicester lads, but they picked the wrong carriage, they were trapped at both ends and it just happened that there was a few handy lads there. I believe there was some video footage of this, however it's been awhile since I seen it so don't remember how I seen it before.

No I'm not a hooligan, just travelled in numbers to Madrid and Vienna.

not sure where to get this video footage ? anyone else know ?

Haha, can you check your history or something please?

I've always been really curious about seeing stuff like that, feck knows why.

I think one of the Babysquad used to come to the gym with me, he was pretty 'large' and a skinhead, and had BS tattooed all over him... wearing a city shirt.

I think one of the Babysquad used to come to the gym with me, he was pretty 'large' and a skinhead, and had BS tattooed all over him... wearing a city shirt.

What made you think he was in the BS?

It was 6 years ago mate, I've had numerous laptops and pc's since then.

I doubt he'd wear a city shirt to a match if he was BS !

Think he means the 10 different stories as to why chelsea ran away.

I really want to see this footage though! :)

Anyone who is unsure as to the origins of this chant only need to look at the facts!

We played Chelsea on 26th Dec 1979 when around 300 BS tried to take the shed.

Four months later when they played us at Filbert St the Headhunters tried to take the kop and I would put money on this being the first time the song was sung!

Anyone who is unsure as to the origins of this chant only need to look at the facts!

We played Chelsea on 26th Dec 1979 when around 300 BS tried to take the shed.

Four months later when they played us at Filbert St the Headhunters tried to take the kop and I would put money on this being the first time the song was sung!

i agree with what you are saying, although i would say it was just leicester fans and not the BS cos they did not become a major firm until later years?

i agree with what you are saying, although i would say it was just leicester fans and not the BS cos they did not become a major firm until later years?

Yeh I can't remember when "Baby Squad" was first coined but I'd say about 80-90% of the boys there that day went on to become what was known as the Baby Squad.

Weren't they called baby squad because they killed a baby?

Haha I always assumed it was to do with the skinheads and babyfaces..

Killing a baby when there's 50 of you and you're all over 20 doesn't seem something you'd brag about.. :blink:

Haha I always assumed it was to do with the skinheads and babyfaces..

Killing a baby when there's 50 of you and you're all over 20 doesn't seem something you'd brag about.. :blink:

I heard there a baby caught in the crossfire of a disturbance and it tragically died.

Archived