Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Frenzied

The Chelsea ran away...

The reason Chelsea fans sing "and Leicester" is because on one of the motorways is a signpost stating ...

"The North and Leicester"

...ahem I thank you.

That may be, but I think you'll find that Tim Lovejoy refers to us as "and Leicester" was because of our nightmare season when we were bottom for most of it. When reading out the league positions it was always:

West Ham, Ipswich AND LEICESTER.

Went to both matches in the 79/80 season. Mayhem at Filbo but a nightmare at Stamford Bridge. OB disappeared after the game and we got ambushed by Chelski on the way back to the coaches. Then the coach I was on got bricked. Merry Christmas Leicester. Why I thank you. Bastards all. One of the reasons I seriously hate Chelski.

Thanks for clearing that up lads. I'd just started going to games in 1980, so didn't see that, although I can remember it kicking off with Chelski a few times around that era. One game around then Chelski were chucking loads of smoke-bombs.

Also in that cup game a few years back it kicked off in pen 3 against them.

Didn't Chelski always used to occupy the Old Horse next to Vicky part when they came up?

I read i na book I have about a time when Chelsea came to Leicester and loads of Leicester fans attacked chelsea supporters coaches when they just came of the motorway. Aparently it was a massive victory fot Leicester and they really trashed the coaches.

I read i na book I have about a time when Chelsea came to Leicester and loads of Leicester fans attacked chelsea supporters coaches when they just came of the motorway. Aparently it was a massive victory fot Leicester and they really trashed the coaches.

If you consider such an incident to be a 'massive victory' Teeno you deserve your own bespoke thrashing, preferably with the cat o' nine tails...

The chelsea Autobiography 2005 explains this,

Its to do with a reserve fixture in the 60's where Chelsea played at Tottenham and (Chelsea) started some trouble, the next week they did it against LCFC about 100 Chelsea fans turned up to cause trouble, they started singing we all follow ......... AND LEICESTER!

The week after the did it at Norwich and then Forest...

Read the book as It explains all.

:thumbup:

That may be, but I think you'll find that Tim Lovejoy refers to us as "and Leicester" was because of our nightmare season when we were bottom for most of it. When reading out the league positions it was always:

West Ham, Ipswich AND LEICESTER.

Nope, Macfox is totally right, Chelsea sing that cos of the signpost on the M1. If anyone watched the Macintyre programme a few years back, it had Chelsea's lads coming to Leicester for a pop. they had Andy Frein (their top boy) At the start of the programme it showed the sign post on the M1 and in back ground had their fans singing the song. For the record, Chelsea don't like Leicester lads, they call em NASTY !

Nope, Macfox is totally right, Chelsea sing that cos of the signpost on the M1. If anyone watched the Macintyre programme a few years back, it had Chelsea's lads coming to Leicester for a pop. they had Andy Frein (their top boy) At the start of the programme it showed the sign post on the M1 and in back ground had their fans singing the song. For the record, Chelsea don't like Leicester lads, they call em NASTY !

they call us 'nasty' well i thaught chelsea was one of the top firms and our lot was referred to the only firm who turn up on their own turf.

But im only going on what i have been told.

didnt our lot get into alot of trouble down at leyton orient in the 80's i remember something like 194 fans got arrested ? not sure how true this is tho

to be honest in them days all london clubs loved coming to leicester cos they knew it would kick off, i can remember going down to london and going to say fulham and fighting with chelsea just up the road near a big park, and it would kick off all over the place on the underground, it was just how it was!!

The Baby Squad were quite a hard bunch. Are they still going?

The Baby Squad were quite a hard bunch. Are they still going?

yes they are going still but there is another 2 or 3 firms associated with leicester city aswell

1 The babysquad

2 the inner city harry firm ( whatever that means)

3 thurnby republican army

4 the mma mathew and marks alliance ( dunno what this means either)

think that is is

yes they are going still but there is another 2 or 3 firms associated with leicester city aswell

1 The babysquad

2 the inner city harry firm ( whatever that means)

3 thurnby republican army

4 the mma mathew and marks alliance ( dunno what this means either)

think that is is

didn't know we had so many firms , Presumably they are all banned from the walkers. haven't seen many large skinheads recently.

what are the other firms 'uniform' how do they idenfiy them selves

didn't know we had so many firms , Presumably they are all banned from the walkers. haven't seen many large skinheads recently.

what are the other firms 'uniform' how do they idenfiy them selves

they are all roughly the same group ie: babysquad they just go off together and give themselves different names.

if they all came together they would total about 900 people that is a serious firm

Behave.

Even in their heyday in the mid-80s there were never more than about 100 in the Squad.

Some of them still go to away games. But their fighting days are long since over!

When I went Reebok (2-2 Sir Les last minute) These two massive bald Leicester hooligans came over to me trying to kick off thinking I was a Bolton fan (I never wear city shirts to matches) Never seen them since at any games, mind you I don't get to that many away games anyway.

Just out of interest what is Leicester's hooligan element now? I've seen a few things kick-off over the past decade but nothing compared 20 odd years ago.

despite what people think leicester has one of the biggest hooligan elements in the country with about 900 hoolies the majority of these are young chavs about 16to 17 years old.

the older ones equate to about 80 or 90

Just out of interest what is Leicester's hooligan element now? I've seen a few things kick-off over the past decade but nothing compared 20 odd years ago.

I think the sheer scale of police present at most matches these days is a massive deterrent. Also, if you’re caught, the courts will come down on you like a ton of bricks.

I think the sheer scale of police present at most matches these days is a massive deterrent. Also, if you’re caught, the courts will come down on you like a ton of bricks.

What about the meets organised away from the stadium? I know a few years ago there was an incident involving some Derby fans and tear gas in town, as well as other similar occurances.

What about the meets organised away from the stadium? I know a few years ago there was an incident involving some Derby fans and tear gas in town, as well as other similar occurances.

the police back in the 80's didnt have a clue nowadays technology is on their side anyone caught on camera engaging in hooligan activity is immediately up in court.

so nowadays the meets are more usually out of town on wasteland of whatever so you dont hear so much of it in the papers

Here is a snippet of a report from the NCIS

A survey has branded Cardiff City the fifth most violent football club in England and Wales.

The club placed below Wolves, Leicester, Manchester City and Wigan after shows of hooliganism by fans, according to results published by the National Criminal Intelligence Service.

The body's football intelligence division reported on incidents during the 2004/2005 season and referred to violence during games against Millwall, Luton, and Stoke.

Cardiff is placed jointly with Stoke in the 'hooligans league.' At the clubs' Division one clash in April, police made 48 arrests after finding circular saw blades and 100 Stanley knives.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most violent clubs

1. Wolves

2. Leicester

3. Man. City

4. Wigan

5. Cardiff/Stoke

Dunno where they get the info from but i aint seen much stuff goin on

And thanks to these 'brave soldiers', we have to travel without colours, we can't get into various pubs when we go away, we get herded like animals by the police, and we can't enjoy a pint whilst watching the game. We have a lot to thank the boys for.

And thanks to these 'brave soldiers', we have to travel without colours, we can't get into various pubs when we go away, we get herded like animals by the police, and we can't enjoy a pint whilst watching the game. We have a lot to thank the boys for.

Thing is you wouldn't want to go to these certain pubs before or after a game cos it'd be full of opposing clubs 'Lads' Wouldn't you prefer going to a safe pub where you know all the fans are Leicester and you feel less intimidated ?!

Thing is you wouldn't want to go to these certain pubs before or after a game cos it'd be full of opposing clubs 'Lads' Wouldn't you prefer going to a safe pub where you know all the fans are Leicester and you feel less intimidated ?!
I'd rather go to whichever pub was most convenient for me at the time, whether it be location, price, quality etc, and not have to choose which one I was least likely to get a kicking in, if you catch my drift.

Archived