Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nationwider

Leaving Matches Early?

Having started the thread, I wasn't damning anyone for their actions - I was just curious as to why people did leave early.

I expected a few to say for transport/distance reasons - that's obvious. And of course everyone's got the right to leave when they want.

All I can add is that if City are 5-0 down with 5 minutes to go, I'd still prefer to wallow in the dismal failure. You never know - we might just sneak one at the end? ;)

This really riles me the naivety and bloody ignorance of people who say there is no reason at all to leave a football match early. Leaving at full time on a night game for me would mean I miss my train back to Sheffield as the difference in time it takes for 1) getting back to the car and 2) getting to the station by car is massive from leaving 5 minutes early to leaving at full time. So if I miss my train I have to wait over an hour for the next one meaning it costs me more in public transport to get to my house from Sheffield station as the buses would have stopped running by the time I make it back in.

So if people want to have a go at me for leaving early then please do but bear in mind the commitment that us foxiles show when we do spend money to commute to make it down every game should FAR outweigh the fact that we leave five minutes earlier for an easier ride home.

Bloody ignorant sods :mad::mad::mad:

I think most of us, well me anyway are only frustrated at the fans that leave 10 minutes before the end of the game, and probably only have a 10 minute drive home. :huh:

Fair do's if you live out the city, i respect the people that put the effort in travelling all them many miles to see city play.

:thumbup:

I have left early only once, but with good reason and devastating consequences.

Fulham in the League cup. We were losing 2-1 with 10 to go. Then Walshy or Marshy (can't remember) equalised taking us into extra time. The last train to Cov was at 10. If not I would have been stranded in Leicester with an exam at Uni the next morning!!!

So me and the missus left at 9:45ish (the last possible chance to get the train) with us 3-2 down in the second half of extra time!!!!! Just as we rounded the outside of the Kop an almighty roar went up and we heard the annoucer say Marshy/Walshy had scored. So we ran to the train hoping for the best.

When we got to Cov we managed to get home without hearing the score and watched the highlights on Central sports at 11:30ish (worst penalty shootout ever (for Fulham))

NEVER EVER AGAIN!!!! It's just not worth it!

Archived