Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nationwider

Leaving Matches Early?

Whilst many don't, some people including myself do have valid reasons to do this such as beating the traffic to catch my train back to Sheffield on night games. Also left Hillsborough a few minutes early because of how busy the trams get after a game and it would have taken ages to get on one.

This really gets on my nerves, why would you leave a game you paid for? Also you never know what is going to happen, unless your like 5-0 down with 5 minutes to go. Still there is no point in leaving early :angry:

Brings back memories of when we played the Villa a few years back and I stayed to the end :D

i have had to leave a couple of mins early only twice. these have been for night games and we have got a service bus to catch to get home. we left it tight, it required a very quick run on both occasions. it is something that annoys me though when you see people doing it on a regular basis.

Never left a game early, just couldn't do it. I think even those people who's other halves give birth during the game and get a PA announcement should stay to the end - if they've missed the action, there's no point dashing off and missing the action on the pitch as well, a quick phonecall to check everything's ok and then back to watching the lads.

i have had to leave a couple of mins early only twice. these have been for night games and we have got a service bus to catch to get home. we left it tight, it required a very quick run on both occasions. it is something that annoys me though when you see people doing it on a regular basis.

I sit right next to the concource exit/entrance and it really gets on my tits, because the last five minutes people are hanging round the exit and make it a nightmare to see. :angry:

I sit right next to the concource exit/entrance and it really gets on my tits, because the last five minutes people are hanging round the exit and make it a nightmare to see. :angry:

may i just add, i didn't want to leave early, but my mate is fat. if on my own i would easily make it to the bus stop but we have to take into account the fatness and therefore slowness of my mate.

Oh Here we go again!! this old chestnut!!

A load of spotty gits start questionning why some people are not as good as any because they leave a nano-second before the whistle!!

Whats all this "theres no excuse" etc etc

For god sake its a football game!

I leave at 90 mins and run to get into my car then drive the 100 miles up the motorway back home.

I do this beacuse if I dont I get stuck in a sh7tload of traffice, on foot, in the car park, on the roads and dont get home for at least a further hour, which impacts on the time spent with my son... which is more important..

Oh football obviously and not looking bad on a web based forum!!

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Oh Here we go again!! this old chestnut!!

A load of spotty gits start questionning why some people are not as good as any because they leave a nano-second before the whistle!!

Whats all this "theres no excuse" etc etc

For god sake its a football game!

I leave at 90 mins and run to get into my car then drive the 100 miles up the motorway back home.

I do this beacuse if I dont I get stuck in a sh7tload of traffice, on foot, in the car park, on the roads and dont get home for at least a further hour, which impacts on the time spent with my son... which is more important..

Oh football obviously and not looking bad on a web based forum!!

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

same with me. these people are lucky that the club is on there doorstep :rolleyes:

This really riles me the naivety and bloody ignorance of people who say there is no reason at all to leave a football match early. Leaving at full time on a night game for me would mean I miss my train back to Sheffield as the difference in time it takes for 1) getting back to the car and 2) getting to the station by car is massive from leaving 5 minutes early to leaving at full time. So if I miss my train I have to wait over an hour for the next one meaning it costs me more in public transport to get to my house from Sheffield station as the buses would have stopped running by the time I make it back in.

So if people want to have a go at me for leaving early then please do but bear in mind the commitment that us foxiles show when we do spend money to commute to make it down every game should FAR outweigh the fact that we leave five minutes earlier for an easier ride home.

Bloody ignorant sods :mad::mad::mad:

I dont ever leave early dont see the point after seeing the guy next to me in the Arsenal 3-3 game leave when we were 2-0 down

I dont exactly live near but cant bring myself to leave early, we just go to the dry dock and wait for the traffic to die down. It does annoy me though when people decide (for whatever reason) to leave early and then stand in the way to watch the action on the way out - either you are going early lads or you arent! Grrrr :mad:

I dont exactly live near but cant bring myself to leave early, we just go to the dry dock and wait for the traffic to die down. It does annoy me though when people decide (for whatever reason) to leave early and then stand in the way to watch the action on the way out - either you are going early lads or you arent! Grrrr :mad:

I love to stand in the way on the stairs on the way down to get a pie on 37 mins and at 86 mins to get to my car. Forget the sitting lets all have a party on the stairs

If somebody wants to leave early, that's their prerogative. Can't see why others need to moan about it - it's their decision after all.

I've only once left early (the Hull game) because my cousin had to get to a party pretty sharpish after the game. But I won't criticise others who leave early - if you've got a problem with it then you're pretty sad.

Face it - whether people leave early or not, they've still paid the club for the tickets so it doesn't make them any less of a fan.

Archived