Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Babylon

I reckon....

A bloody good call then and I hope City send him a cheque for services rendered. He wasn't the leader of those reactionaries mentioned in the Merc about that time was he? :):):)

I don't think I was.

I was concerned by the financial costs of getting rid of Levein and then paying compensation for another manager and many people thought that was a risk worth taking. All I said was that it would probably be more feasible if we gave it Rob Kelly until the end of the season if Levein was to be sacked as it would cost the club less and the upheaval of a new manager and a new era might be disasterous.

I've been proven right, but I can't say with endless financial resources that i'd have wanted Kelly to take over as manager when it became evidently clear that Levein was a dead man walking.

I don't think I was.

I was concerned by the financial costs of getting rid of Levein and then paying compensation for another manager and many people thought that was a risk worth taking. All I said was that it would probably be more feasible if we gave it Rob Kelly until the end of the season if Levein was to be sacked as it would cost the club less and the upheaval of a new manager and a new era might be disasterous.

I've been proven right, but I can't say with endless financial resources that i'd have wanted Kelly to take over as manager when it became evidently clear that Levein was a dead man walking.

Well, you're in good company there but in the end we're all fans, not crystal ball gazers.

The fans might have been slow to warm to the idea of Kelly but they didn't take long to stand behind him when he changed the atmosphere and they have since played their part in emphasising exactly who they want doing the job in future.

They've done him proud really and Kelly has reciprocated.

Archived