Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Babylon

I reckon....

The Southampton game wasn't as bad as you or BartonFox (where is he now?) made out. It was an uneventful dire game that was decided on a mistake by Gerrbrand. Neither side distinguished themselves but people still felt the need to criticise Kelly despite having only been in charge for 3 days. There was no benefit of the doubt given by many apart from me and Babylon on this forum.

You might have been sincere with your criticism and felt it was justified, but I thought it was extremely harsh to make judgements about Kelly's credentials after 3 days, and 1 average performance, on the job.

If I mentioned pot and kettle regarding harsh criticism of someone after such a short time I wonder if you'd think back to what I mean. If not, it's in the past and I'm certainly not going to bring it up again..

However as one who has advocated Kelly's permanent appointment for some weeks and posted comment opposing the very idea of people like Newell taking his place in the summer with the way things are going, I feel no guilt whatsoever about criticising Kelly.

For whatever reason he quickly made some changes which proved dramatically effective so they must have needed making as was apparent to everyone looking at the League table.

As a result I think he has earned himself a special chapter in Leicester's history, the chance of a proper longer term contract and the opportunity to build his own team. When he gets it I hope he continues to do well and to present us with an attractive, entertaining team.

He has limited options right now, I know that. And no-one was going to play attractive football on Millwall's pitch, in those biting, windy conditions and in the particular circumstances of todays match.

Kelly's man management and emphasis on team spirit are clearly outstanding.

The Reserves and youth teams are suddenly winning and winning well.

Seems a solid enough foundation to move forward from.

But criticism won't ever stop. Nor should it.

Endorse your sentiments Thracian.

I must say though that I find threads like this a little peculiar. I've been going through the record books to check whether there has ever been another instance of an immediate and dramatic transformation of LCFC fortunes as a result of a mid-season management change. Can't find one.

This must raise some rather awkward questions like: "What the fook was the previous occupant of the hot seat doing for over a year?" It's beginning to look like this squad (despite its limitations) could have made a bid for the play-offs. Yet there is no soul searching on this board. Very few care to admit they were hoodwinked by the dour one.

Chimp and other Latrinos' reticence remind me of the Smashy and Nicey sketch where the former reminds the latter that he was once both a big fan and mate of Gary Glitter.

I think we're safe too.

Kelly is a legend, and it would be a massive injustice if he wasn't given the job on a permanent basis.

And to think the amount of stick he got on here after the Southampton FA Cup game - and also the number of cynics who completely wrote him off as being 'part of the problem'. I hope those people (you know who you are) will eat their words.

I happily admit I was wrong about Kelly. I didn't base it on one game though, I based it on him working alongside Levein and inevitably having a say on footballing matters since he was drafted in.

I don't think anyone could have predicted the turnaround in results under Kelly. We had just lost 6 games in a row, we were lacking in confidence, and we struggled to score goals. The way we've reversed that is nothing short of amazing.

Kelly has never had any managerial experience prior to joining us, so it was certainly a gamble to an extent to leave him in charge. However, the board took the most cost-effective and stable choice, and it's worked.

People are saying give Kelly the job now, and although he's done fantastically well to obtain 6 wins out of 9, I would like to see where we stand at the end of the season. He's almost certainly kept us up, which was his task to start off with. Based on what he's done so far, he deserves to retained, but we need to carry on until the end of the season. If we start losing a number of games now, the opinion of Kelly may sour.

I think that about 50% of a managers quality is determined by his ability in the transfer market.So far we have only seen two(loan) signings by Kelly,one looks very good,the other not so, but understandable in the circumstances.If results continue as they are the Boards decision is made for them but if we start to falter when we are safe,they've got a tough call to make.

I think that about 50% of a managers quality is determined by his ability in the transfer market.So far we have only seen two(loan) signings by Kelly,one looks very good,the other not so, but understandable in the circumstances.If results continue as they are the Boards decision is made for them but if we start to falter when we are safe,they've got a tough call to make.

We don't know how influential he was in the Levein signings, I doubt he had much input into Douglas, Maybury, Sylla, Hamill, Kisnorbo, Hughes, DeVries; but would likely to have had with Johansson, McCarthy, Gilbert, Hume, Fryatt, Hammond, Henderson.

We don't know how influential he was in the Levein signings, I doubt he had much input into Douglas, Maybury, Sylla, Hamill, Kisnorbo, Hughes, DeVries; but would likely to have had with Johansson, McCarthy, Gilbert, Hume, Fryatt, Hammond, Henderson.

McCarthy and Hume had already been scouted by Levein while at Hearts.

Statistically it is possible to be relegated with anything less than 53 points.

We need 53 points to be safe

Does that take into account the number of relegation threatened sides who have to play each other and who therefore can't both get maximum points on those occasions?

With Millwall on 33 points from 39 games I see no logical evidence at all which suggests they'll match their points tally to the number of games played within seven matches. They'll need to pick up nearly two points a game to do that compared with less than one point a game managed so far.

And if they do achieve the unlikely look who will lose out...

five of their opponents are Brighton, Derby, Southampton, Burnley and Crewe.

Forty-six points will be close to the cut-off this season.

I must say though that I find threads like this a little peculiar. I've been going through the record books to check whether there has ever been another instance of an immediate and dramatic transformation of LCFC fortunes as a result of a mid-season management change. Can't find one.

This must raise some rather awkward questions like: "What the fook was the previous occupant of the hot seat doing for over a year?" It's beginning to look like this squad (despite its limitations) could have made a bid for the play-offs. Yet there is no soul searching on this board. Very few care to admit they were hoodwinked by the dour one.

Chimp and other Latrinos' reticence remind me of the Smashy and Nicey sketch where the former reminds the latter that he was once both a big fan and mate of Gary Glitter.

Following on from this post where you unsuccesfully try to label me as anti-Adams, it now seems you're trying to label me as some kind of Levein militant. Again you're wrong but, whatever, I'm not going to waste any effort arguing with you.

Anyone with access to these forums can look back on my post history and clearly see that I was getting increasingly frustrated and critical of Levein toward the end of last year and called for him to go at the start of this year, some time before he was sacked.

So Chandler, 0/10, must try harder next time.

:rolleyes:

I hate to say it, but I have to agree with you there! Rob Kelly has shown Levein up and has also shown fans like myself that we were very slow on the uptake on Levein. I'll admit that.

I hate to say it, but I have to agree with you there! Rob Kelly has shown Levein up and has also shown fans like myself that we were very slow on the uptake on Levein. I'll admit that.

Well its quite clear he was right, he joined this board on 20th December, by which time most fans wanted him gone or couldn't care less (like me) wheather he stayed or went it would of hardly of taken a genious to work out Levein was doing somthing wrong. So (unless he admits to being Chandler of course) there is no clear evidence he knew Levien would fail, despite being asked numerous times he wont comment on the distant fortunes of Kelly. ( more the likely waiting till he's succesfull and then will start spouting he was behind him from day one ) besides if the "great sage" looks back most peoples reasons for keeping Levein were financial, and he had no opinions on what should happen next. as we didnt exactly know Rob Kelly would get on, If fact mr Flair if anything I think people should be admiting that you were right. As you were the first person to suggest Rob Kelly till the end of the Season.

Well its quite clear he was right, he joined this board on 20th December, by which time most fans wanted him gone or couldn't care less (like me) wheather he stayed or went it would of hardly of taken a genious to work out Levein was doing somthing wrong. So (unless he admits to being Chandler of course) there is no clear evidence he knew Levien would fail, despite being asked numerous times he wont comment on the distant fortunes of Kelly. ( more the likely waiting till he's succesfull and then will start spouting he was behind him from day one ) besides if the "great sage" looks back most peoples reasons for keeping Levein were financial, and he had no opinions on what should happen next. as we didnt exactly know Rob Kelly would get on, If fact mr Flair if anything I think people should be admiting that you were right. As you were the first person to suggest Rob Kelly till the end of the Season.

Hasn't Chandler/Disillusioned's manager solution always been Steve walsh?

Well, I don't want to blow my own trumpet, but.................. :D

Ric suggested it along time before that, before Levein was sacked infact.

A bloody good call then and I hope City send him a cheque for services rendered. He wasn't the leader of those reactionaries mentioned in the Merc about that time was he? :):):)

Archived