Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Babylon

I reckon....

This result means we are safe. YAY!!!!

Yeah, but I was sooo looking forward to playing in League 1. What an adventure!!! :P

Although looking back a few weeks now it is quite scary what form was needed just to get us safe. 20 pts from 9 games is a HUGE haul!!

Very true :yesyes:and he ain't commiting himself to the Job yet either :laugh:

Surely the board have to offer it to him full-time!! And i think he would probably take it too. Most assistant managers must want to move into management some time, so why not, especially when his first attempt at it has been so good!

Surely the board have to offer it to him full-time!! And i think he would probably take it too. Most assistant managers must want to move into management some time, so why not, especially when his first attempt at it has been so good!

Well he doesn't want to commit this season, you never know he may take it if offered in the Summer, I for one hope so after his performance so far. :thumbup:

Kelly says he loves coaching, and at the beginning said he wasn't too keen on management.

His title as "Assistant" manager was mostly nominal - he was there mainly to tell Levein about the English leagues and help with signing players, other than that he was pretty much just a first-team coach.

So saying he must want to move into full-time management may be a little wide of the mark in Kelly's case.

Either that or he's just doing a Jim Hacker (Yes, Minster/Prime Minster) by saying something along the lines of "I've no aspirations towards full-time management, but if my friends and colleagues persuaded me to, I might reluctantly agree to it" (which everyone reads as: yes, I want to be full-time manager) :)

On a side note: Gotta love classic BBC Comedy. It beats any of the crap on TV here. lol

I think we're safe too.

Kelly is a legend, and it would be a massive injustice if he wasn't given the job on a permanent basis.

And to think the amount of stick he got on here after the Southampton FA Cup game - and also the number of cynics who completely wrote him off as being 'part of the problem'. I hope those people (you know who you are) will eat their words.

I think we're safe too.

Kelly is a legend, and it would be a massive injustice if he wasn't given the job on a permanent basis.

And to think the amount of stick he got on here after the Southampton FA Cup game - and also the number of cynics who completely wrote him off as being 'part of the problem'. I hope those people (you know who you are) will eat their words.

Thankfully I only said TD was "part of the problem". :whistle::whistle: :thumbsup:

It would be good if we could get a convincing win instead of winning by 1 goal just so that we don't have to worry right until the end of the game (although of course i'll take a win anyway it comes)

From the position we were in a month or two ago i'll take any win, any how, any time, any where. :)

It would be good if we could get a convincing win instead of winning by 1 goal just so that we don't have to worry right until the end of the game (although of course i'll take a win anyway it comes)

Getting greedy already??

I think we're safe too.

He deserved stick after the Southampton game same as he's earned praise, and got it, for every other performance bar Ipswich. There is no point in either if it's insincere.

He deserved stick after the Southampton game same as he's earned praise, and got it, for every other performance bar Ipswich. There is no point in either if it's insincere.

The Southampton game wasn't as bad as you or BartonFox (where is he now?) made out. It was an uneventful dire game that was decided on a mistake by Gerrbrand. Neither side distinguished themselves but people still felt the need to criticise Kelly despite having only been in charge for 3 days. There was no benefit of the doubt given by many apart from me and Babylon on this forum.

You might have been sincere with your criticism and felt it was justified, but I thought it was extremely harsh to make judgements about Kelly's credentials after 3 days, and 1 average performance, on the job.

Archived