Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finn Claw

Midfield next season

With Joey going, probably Morris and Tiatto being released and Sylla and Hammil not being good enough we will have a very light midfield next season. Seems we might only have Hughes, Weskolski (or however you spell that!) and Williams. 2 wingers and a good experienced central midfielder are a must in my opinion. Lee Hendrie or is that wishful thinking i saw Preston were interested...

you are right in pointing out that we are going to be worryingly light in midfield come the summer. hendrie would be a fantastic signing. would also love to see bryan hughes come to city. i remember some interest in him a few years back. not sure how much he's playing at charlton since his move from brum??

VERY important that we sign some quality in midfield IMO :thumbup:

you are right in pointing out that we are going to be worryingly light in midfield come the summer. hendrie would be a fantastic signing. would also love to see bryan hughes come to city. i remember some interest in him a few years back. not sure how much he's playing at charlton since his move from brum??

VERY important that we sign some quality in midfield IMO :thumbup:

2 pacey wingers are required like Smith but perminant signings

i think if we could keep welsh it could be good!!

where does gradel play?? he always seems to get a mention from the reserve games!!

but i do think this is the position we need to concentrate first on when signing!!

2 pacey wingers are required like Smith but perminant signings

I hate to say this but if you were a winger why would you wish to come to Leicester to further your career?.

Hamill doesn't even get many games in the reserves, Sylla has hardly progressed and is probably not good enough anyway, Ryan Smith was shown the door and now, even when we get someone who looks like exactly the sort of winger we might use, we still don't give him a proper game.

Put simply Kelly has shown he prefers to play midfielders (Maybury and Hughes) on the flanks.

Footballers may like decent pay cheques but they are also human beings who mostly enjoy nothing more than playing football.

Just as Levein was a centre-back who concentrated on defence, Kelly was a midfielder who swamps that area.

Any winger who takes the trouble to look back on the teamsheets will be forewarned and stay clear.

If he wants to be heard of again.

Hamill doesn't even get many games in the reserves, Sylla has hardly progressed and is probably not good enough anyway, Ryan Smith was shown the door and now, even when we get someone who looks like exactly the sort of winger we might use, we still don't give him a proper game.

Put simply Kelly has shown he prefers to play midfielders (Maybury and Hughes) on the flanks.

Hamill is not very good, to be polite. Sylla is a big-time Charlie, and Smith showed a propensity towards that attitude. Given our plight, we cannot afford to carry the very poor and the 'can't be arsed' brigade. Is it any wonder Kelly chooses to play those who are least trying.

Hamill is not very good, to be polite. Sylla is a big-time Charlie, and Smith showed a propensity towards that attitude. Given our plight, we cannot afford to carry the very poor and the 'can't be arsed' brigade. Is it any wonder Kelly chooses to play those who are least trying.

Admirable restraint about Hamill, not sure about Smithy but otherwise I can't argue with one word of that. But what about Welsh?

Admirable restraint about Hamill, not sure about Smithy but otherwise I can't argue with one word of that. But what about Welsh?

Doubt if Welsh is match-fit and unfortunately for him, whilst he has been on the sidelines, we have been winning. Why change a winning formula?

As long as RK is having a decent look at him and we keep picking up points, it's immaterial as far as I'm concerned.

We all thought kisnorbo was pants before, now he is suddenly our best player.

So i would like Kelly to give Hamill another chance, you never no he could impress like kisnorbo did.

Doubt if Welsh is match-fit and unfortunately for him, whilst he has been on the sidelines, we have been winning. Why change a winning formula?

As long as RK is having a decent look at him and we keep picking up points, it's immaterial as far as I'm concerned.

So like I say, why, if you were a winger, why would you want to come to Leicester?

We all thought kisnorbo was pants before, now he is suddenly our best player.

So i would like Kelly to give Hamill another chance, you never no he could impress like kisnorbo did.

The difference being Kisnorbo was being played out of position, and when put into a more comfortable role, started to impress. Hamill has been playing in his natural position and hasnt produced the goods.

So like I say, why, if you were a winger, why would you want to come to Leicester?

Because next season is a completely different proposition.

I'm not going to say that Kelly will play with wingers next year or not.. but he was given the task of keeping us up, which he has done very effectively. Let's just see what he does during the summer given the chance to wheel and deal a little and see what kind of set up and shape he favours when it really is within his control.

What about the central midfield, i personally think Hughes and Weskolski (think that is a different spelling to my earlier attempt) could be a little bit light weight. Not many teams play football and get out of this division every team needs a few hardmen and i'm not sure we have that in our midfield

Another example of inventing a problem that doesn't exist (note the way that the bit parters, the off coloured and long goners are dragged into this in order to manufacture a 'crisis'). It puts one in mind of the ongoing bollocks about England's left side.

Over time the left sided 'problem' has been steadily inflated to the point it is the official excuse for losing any game. And every half-witted fan bleats on about it as if by repeating this cliche it will somehow increase their IQ.

As for LCFC, next season Weso's all action game substitutes for Joey's punts - its as simple as that. Kelly may place Willams (why has no one mentioned him?) alongside him (nothing quite like putting a precocious colt next to an AWOL type to shame him into action).

Next problem: the effect of climate change on LCFC's short passing game.

I'm not saying Weso is lightweight, far from it, i'm just saying that the rest of the midfield looks a bit lightweight. It is all well and good saying lets play weso and one of hughes or williams in the middle but what if we get an injury to weso.

I think we need 7 or 8 midfielders who can do a job, so far we have Weso, Hughes, Williams, Mayberry? I just think it is the part of our sqaud that needs the most work over the summer.

:ph34r:

I take my hat off to you James!!!

once again a fine example of you telling it how it is!!!

How old is Lennon now? A bit to old in the legs for my liking. Have done some digging around and found a couple of interesting points. Looks like Lee carsley has fallen out of favour at Everton as he has only made 2 Sub appearences this season, when last season he was their player with most appearences. De La Cruz at Villa has only made 2 starts all season too (of course I'm not sure whether or not both have been injured for months on end)

Just another quick note, if the 'big freeze' fails to return to our shores from Holland does anyone think its possible we might see Jason Euell at the Walkers next season? Only made 6 appearences for Charlton all season and we will have the Connolly money to spend :dunno: Any ideas folks?

I hate to say this but if you were a winger why would you wish to come to Leicester to further your career?.

Footballers may like decent pay cheques but they are also human beings who mostly enjoy nothing more than playing football.

Just as Levein was a centre-back who concentrated on defence, Kelly was a midfielder who swamps that area.

Any winger who takes the trouble to look back on the teamsheets will be forewarned and stay clear.

If he wants to be heard of again.

:huh:

It sedems to me that not playing Hammill or Sylla and getting rid of Smith are the best decisions Kelly has made. Hammil is NOT good enough for this league and really was the worst player out of the Hearts contingent. Sylla and Smith, although showing falshes of quality (and maybe the merest hint of brilliance), too often did nothing in a game and did not put in the required effort for any club, let alone a club who until a few games ago (and still are potentialy) fighting for their place in the league. For me Smith was amassive disapointment, after rave reviews of his first game (which I did not see) I never saw him play anything like it was suggested he could. In any case the 'official' reason for Smith leaving was himbeing recalled by Arsenal, admittedly probably because he wasn't plying but we cannot know for sure and should not blame Kelly without knowing the facts. :mad:

:huh:

It sedems to me that not playing Hammill or Sylla and getting rid of Smith are the best decisions Kelly has made. Hammil is NOT good enough for this league and really was the worst player out of the Hearts contingent. Sylla and Smith, although showing falshes of quality (and maybe the merest hint of brilliance), too often did nothing in a game and did not put in the required effort for any club, let alone a club who until a few games ago (and still are potentialy) fighting for their place in the league. For me Smith was amassive disapointment, after rave reviews of his first game (which I did not see) I never saw him play anything like it was suggested he could. In any case the 'official' reason for Smith leaving was himbeing recalled by Arsenal, admittedly probably because he wasn't plying but we cannot know for sure and should not blame Kelly without knowing the facts. :mad:

I think most of us reckoned Sylla and Hamill were useless within a month of seeing them. So why would anyone have ever dreamed of signing them?

I think most of us reckoned Sylla and Hamill were useless within a month of seeing them. So why would anyone have ever dreamed of signing them?

In Scotland they may have been alright but I don't think their good enough for the Championship. In any case as long as we are winning under Kelly I don't mind who he plays.

Craig Levein misunderstood how good the defences and attacks were in this leage. At the time Hammil was seen as a player to fill the numbers in the squad and Sylla looked a decent signing. We should have kept Gillsespie on though.

That's in the past however, let's get on with the future, the now! We are going up (next season) :)

In Scotland they may have been alright but I don't think their good enough for the Championship. In any case as long as we are winning under Kelly I don't mind who he plays.

Levein only signed them because there wage demands where a lot lower than what english players where wanting and he sacrificed quality for money.

Archived