Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HacBet

England cricket captain, Flintoff or Vaughan

Hu should be the england cricket teams captain now after the great performance by Flintoff even under the added pressure of being captain. Should Michael Vaughan recover from his injury should he become england captain again instead of Flintoff?

Yes m8 i agree, but I am thinking that if vaughan does not recover fully from his injury or if for some reason he does not want to be captain any more then the captaincy should go straight to flintoff. He has had experience of being captain before so it is not like he is new to it, he woz captain for england u19s and the acadamy.

Marcus Trescothick is a world class opening bat and i think he should not be vice captain and give it to Flintoff. If he does get the added pressure of becoming captain and his performance goes downhill, then the team as a whole will start to dip because Trescothick has such a big influence on the outcome of a game. England could not afford for that to happen.

if Vaughan is in the side he should 100% be captain.

1)He has done a fantastic job so far

2)Flintoff can get back to concentrating on being the best batsmen and bowler

I'd agree with that. Flintoff is now the leading all-rounder in the world (surely?). Let Vaughany deal with the captaincy as he's been pretty successful so far, and leave Freddie to do what he does best (everything else!)

Next Test:

Trescothick

Strauss

Vaughan ©

Pietersen

Shah

Flintoff

Jones

Giles

Jones

Harmison

Hoggard

I'd agree with that. Flintoff is now the leading all-rounder in the world (surely?). Let Vaughany deal with the captaincy as he's been pretty successful so far, and leave Freddie to do what he does best (everything else!)

Next Test:

Trescothick

Strauss

Vaughan ©

Pietersen

Shah

Flintoff

Jones

Giles

Jones

Harmison

Hoggard

On SSN Atherton reckoned they my go as follows;

Tres

Cook

Vaughan

Strauss

Pietersen

Flintoff

Jones

Giles

Hoggy

Jones

Harmy

Reports on BBCi suggest Ashley Giles is talking about retiring from creekit completely.

RIP The King Of Spain??? :(

ashley giles is the king of spain !!!!

looks as if we have got to give panasar a run in the side then , alex loudon is another good young spinner but we aint overly blessed in that department

as for captaincy , vaughan should stay as test captain and id have flintoff as 1 day skipper . i dont think vaughan offers us a great deal in limited overs cricket

as for captaincy , vaughan should stay as test captain and id have flintoff as 1 day skipper . i dont think vaughan offers us a great deal in limited overs cricket

I agree that Vaughan ain't got a great deal to offer in the ODI's but like Vaughan says in his book that if you have two different capatin (like vaughan and nass) it was awkward in the test arena and players found it difficult to cope with the different styles of captaincy.

I agree that Vaughan ain't got a great deal to offer in the ODI's but like Vaughan says in his book that if you have two different capatin (like vaughan and nass) it was awkward in the test arena and players found it difficult to cope with the different styles of captaincy.

yeah see the point

Vaughan, excellent tactician, captained us to an Ashes victory for the first time in 20 odd years and can handle the pressure of performing whilst being captain, I'm not saying that Flintoff can't (as shown in India) i just feel that he is our most important player and he'll be more devestating without this little bit of added pressure.

Vaughan, excellent tactician, captained us to an Ashes victory for the first time in 20 odd years and can handle the pressure of performing whilst being captain, I'm not saying that Flintoff can't (as shown in India) i just feel that he is our most important player and he'll be more devestating without this little bit of added pressure.

Bumble reckons the guy is a born leader (having coached the guy for years) and doesn't reckon captaincy will bother him at all. Fred is also an excellent tactian, he won some masive chess tournament when he was younger.

Archived