Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Head Honcho

Would anyone be in favour of

Would anyone be in favour of a 2 league premiership?

By this I mean 2 leagues of say 16 teams with the top 4 or 5 playing each other at the end of the season for the title and the bottom 4 or 5 likewise for promotion, I know the teams finishing mid table will have nothing to do for a couple of months but I'm sure the extra premiership money will go towards lost revenue.

I know this is a bit vague but I do think there are too many big clubs not playing at the top level and something along these lines may be good for English football!

as a whole I think that's a terrible idea what I do think is a good idea is two leagues run and marketed by the premier league with better distribution of tv money to create more of an equal balance and less of a gap between the leagues meaning that promoted teams will be able to compete on equal terms without putting the entire future of the club on the line by spending money they can't afford!!

BUT this will never happen as the greedy clubs in the top 6 will never ever agree to drop any of their income to help the game in general!!!!

Would anyone be in favour of a 2 league premiership?

with the top 4 or 5 playing each other at the end of the season for the title

No.... What's the point in playing a season for the top team to then enter a knockout competition. I can't stand the idea in rugby and it should never grace footballs doors.

so you mean put Arsenal and Chelsea in a different league to say Liverpool and Manure or seperate Liverpool and Everton or put spurs in a different league to Arsenal!!! crazy idea mate never ever gonna work!! :nono:

Archived