Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Unit

Footballing firsts for leicester?

did not peter shilton displace gordon ganks as goalkeeper thereby making the england goalie only second choice at his club ; not sure about it as memory is a bit sketchy

and were we the only club to play in a STREET until hereford joined and their ground was edgar street although this is not much of a distinction

looking at the teams who have only played in the top two divisions ; surely we must be the most promoted and relegated club between the top flights ; KINGS OF YO-YO

'Fraid not. Man City beat us. They have been promoted 12 times, an relgated 11 from the top two tiers!!

We currently stand at 11 promotions and 11 relegations!!

P.s. they also beat us in terms of 2nd tier Championships they have 8 we have 6 (i believe!!)

looking at the teams who have only played in the top two divisions ; surely we must be the most promoted and relegated club between the top flights ; KINGS OF YO-YO

yes but their relegation count includes at least one down into and one up from the THIRD TIER so does the record of most yo-yos between the top two flights count now ?

'Fraid not. Man City beat us. They have been promoted 12 times, an relgated 11 from the top two tiers!!

We currently stand at 11 promotions and 11 relegations!!

P.s. they also beat us in terms of 2nd tier Championships they have 8 we have 6 (i believe!!)

yes but their relegation count includes at least one down into and one up from the THIRD TIER so does the record of most yo-yos between the top two flights count now ?

I'm not too sure but I do think these stats are just for the top two tiers!!!

I'm not too sure but I do think these stats are just for the top two tiers!!!

Yeah but from the ten teams never to play outside the top two divisions, they are not one of them.

The original statement said that out of the ten teams who never played outside the top two divisions we were the kings of yo-yo. Man City aren't in that list of ten teams, so they don't count. :thumbup:

what? how? when?

Sounds crazy to me!!!

Two players combine for the first and only ever own goal:

Stan Milburn and Jack Frogger, vs Chelsea 1954. Both lunge at ball in order to clear it and send it into the net. (Crap Teams, Tibballs, O'Mara Books, ISBN 1843171112)

Archived