Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Unit

Footballing firsts for leicester?

Apart from being the only club to ever have recorded a double own goal, what else haev we been the first to do? or what else do we hold records for?

-Double own goal

-Most FA cup finals without a win

Two of our players hit the ballinto their own net at EXACTLY the same time, both were credited with the own goal.

what? how? when?

Sounds crazy to me!!!

Double own goal? What do you mean?

We're one of only two or three clubs to have never been outside the top two divisions. Arsenal and Everton the others?

It's actually four clubs that have never been outside the top 2 divisions.

Leicester, Coventry, Arsenal & Everton

what about being 3-0 up against wolves and then losing 4-3? or has other teams done that before in the premiership

I can remember a tottenham game when they were 3 - 0 up at halftime, and then lost 4 -3 to man city. But it was a cup game.

It's actually four clubs that have never been outside the top 2 divisions.

Leicester, Coventry, Arsenal & Everton

Miscellaneous Facts

• Many supporters refer to the Walkers Stadium as 'Filbert Way', after the road on which it stands. This is due partly to the perception that Walkers Crisps paid a pittance for the stadium naming rights and partly out of affection for the clubs old ground at Filbert Street.

• The club mascot is "Filbert Fox", "Vickie Vixen" and "Cousin Dennis" were added for a while though only Filbert is currently seen at games

• The Post Horn Gallop is famously played over the PA system as the team comes out at all home games. Although recently a new jazzed up version has been played.

• Leicester are 1 of just 10 clubs to have never played outside the top 2 tiers of English football

From 'Of Fossils and Foxes' the list of clubs that have never played outside the top two divisions is:

Arsenal

Chelsea

Everton

Leeds United

Leicester City

Liverpool

Manchester United

Newcastle United

Tottenham Hotspur

West Ham United

From 'Of Fossils and Foxes' the list of clubs that have never played outside the top two divisions is:

Arsenal

Chelsea

Everton

Leeds United

Leicester City

Liverpool

Manchester United

Newcastle United

Tottenham Hotspur

West Ham United

I don't know where I got the idea it was 4 or something. Must have been one of those football magazines with there crap facts in them. I stand corrected......

I do believe though at one point it may have changed now that we were one of only 5 sides to finish in the Premiership top 10 for 5 seasons running. This may be another magazine crap fact and I cant be bothered to check it. But does anyone know if its true.....

I don't know where I got the idea it was 4 or something. Must have been one of those football magazines with there crap facts in them. I stand corrected......

I do believe though at one point it may have changed now that we were one of only 5 sides to finish in the Premiership top 10 for 5 seasons running. This may be another magazine crap fact and I cant be bothered to check it. But does anyone know if its true.....

it think it was 4, but i may be wrong

Arsenal

Chelsea

Everton

Leeds United

Leicester City

Liverpool

Manchester United

Newcastle United

Tottenham Hotspur

West Ham United

So that means we are the only Midlands club never to be out of the top two Divisions then :D

Guest seanfox778

So that means we are the only Midlands club never to be out of the top two Divisions then :D

im sure i heard somewhere villa have never been out of the top division?

As said on MOTD, we hold the record for the youngest ever Cup Final Captain, 21 years and 212 days old, David Nish in 1969 against Man City.

My dad used to be his plumber :cool:

And that Norwich game in the 95-96 season that Nish was in charge of was bloody great! :D

Bruuuuuuuuno!

one of Thierry Henrys most memorable games was his 1st for Arsenal as a sub vs Leicester at Highbury. we were 1-0 up and they won 2-1! and the other one where it was last day of the season, we were already relegated and 1-0 up through Paul Dickov trying to stop the unbeaten run, 34,000 gooners ready to cry in 45 mins. they go and win 2-1. Thierry said these were 2 of his faveourite games ever for arsenal at highbury, so if he has a soft spot for us maybe he will end his career here? haha

Archived