Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Libertine

Effects Pedals

I'm hopefully getting my first effects pedal for my birthday, so was wondering if someone could give me a rundown of which brands are best, descriptions of different effects (wah wah etc). Maybe of a price range of about £100 - £130.

• 4 weeks later...

ME 50's have some real good sounds but they are a pain in the arse to program and there is a little delay in changing sounds when they are programmed in.

i stick to the using just the 3 pedals without using a program for each channel then there is no delay. sure you can only use 3 sounds in a song but you dont want to get too carried away as you'll just destroy your songs. but for a guitar players vanity trip it is top!!

ME 50's have some real good sounds but they are a pain in the arse to program and there is a little delay in changing sounds when they are programmed in.

i stick to the using just the 3 pedals without using a program for each channel then there is no delay. sure you can only use 3 sounds in a song but you dont want to get too carried away as you'll just destroy your songs. but for a guitar players vanity trip it is top!!

Errr....I don't get it - 3 sounds in a song

Surely the guitar just has to go KERRANG :ph34r:

• 2 weeks later...

Nice guitar.

If I had any money (which I don't) I'd have a Gibson SG thing, with the 2 horns.

Awesome.

If I was gonna blow my £Â£Ã‚£s on a six string it'd most likely be a

Jackson King V or a Jackson Rhodes

2803040813_xl.jpg2803060813_xl.jpg

But obviously in black

• 1 month later...

Blimey - I'm quite shocked - Whilst idly surfing last night I decided to look up some prices for Jackson guitars

For under £200 you can get a Jackson Rhoads - I almost almost ordered one straight away! - I looked into it a bit further and found that this is an entry level version and it doesn't have a locking trem system

The RX10D version sells for around £350 although I found one place selling them for £285 - Now all I gotta sort out where I'm gonna be living for the next few years - And if the answer is Leicester it looks like my Xbox 360 fund will be blown on a Jackson

JACKSON RX10D RANDY RHOADS ELECTRIC GUITAR FEATURES

EG00781.jpg

MODEL NAME: Jackson RX10D Rhoads.

MODEL NUMBER 291-1400-503.

SERIES: X Series.

COLOUR: Black. :wub:

BODY: Alder.

NECK: Bolt-On Maple.

NECK DIMENSIONS: 1st Fret: .775“, 12th Fret: .880“ .

TUNING MACHINES: Die-Cast Tuners.

FINGERBOARD: Rosewood.

NO. OF FRETS: 22 Jumbo Frets.

BRIDGE PICKUP: Duncan Designed® HB-103B Humbucker.

NECK PICKUP: Duncan Designed® HB-103N Humbucker.

CONTROLS: Master Volume.

BRIDGE: JT580 LP Double Locking 2-Point Tremolo.

PICKUP SWITCHING 3-Position Toggle:

• Position 1. Bridge Pickup
  • Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups
  • Position 3. Neck Pickup

HARDWARE: Chrome.

STRINGS: NPS, Gauges: .009, .011, .016, .024, .032, .042.

SCALE LENGTH: 25.5“.

WIDTH AT NUT 1-11/16“

INTRODUCED: 7/2004.

UNIQUE FEATURES: Compound (12“ to 14“) Fingerboard Radius, MOTO Shark Fin Position Inlays.

• 1 month later...

Archived