Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxes til i die

Our reputation

Administration, and the way the media portrayed it means that we will never or at least not in my life time regain the repect of other fans and clubs. We will be eternally classed as cheats whilst the likes of Denis Wise and Eric Hall are allowed to take their place in the football world and are feted by the corrupt media.
That and La Manga. It will take decades to live these episodes down.

Please watch the German national team this summer. This will help you understand why 8 attacking players does not automatically = success. Even the Brazilans have midfielders who rarely or never score, players who sit back so there big four or five can get foward. This is down to todays game being more balanced then it was in the 60's. While you are quite right games used to be more entertaining, crowds used to be bigger and I bealive tickets cost six pense or something stupid blah blah. It was 40 years ago! Football was a differnt game on all levels. Players ere a damn sight more loyal, and the bigger clubs didnt have endless wage budgets, and most importantly we weren't extremly poor! Admitedly we could do with one or two flair midfielders and a winger. We all know your solution to that unfortunatley, unfortuantely I gurantee it wont produce the kind of end reasult you think it will!

Also your shots at RK are unjust, he's signed one player Gareth Mcauley, just what you've always wanted a Defender who scores goals :rolleyes: The Media linked us to Micah Hyde ( a player who made our whole team looks stupid at the walkers ) and RK made it clear he wasnt intrested.

If the game is so different and has such different requirements these days, how come we follow the modern trends you so extol and keep both losing and playing in a broadly unentertaining manner?. Lets take England as a modern example last time out againsty Jamaica. When we were in possession - how many attacking players?

Attack capable full-backs, midfielders and wingers for sure so what are you trying to convince me of?

Fashions change, the game is faster in general but then the players don't stay on the pitch so long, but generally the requirements for success are the same. Basically you have to score more goals than the opposition which means if you don't score or only score once then, having a defence which always concedes once, we're not going to win often enough.

Put simply for a club that you imply should have embraced modern requirements, we haven't been very successful. We haven't got the ingredients for success and when we have we either don't/can't seem to use them for various reasons I've mentioned.

You seem to want to perpetrate the myth that we old timers somehow refuse to embrace modernity, that we somehow believe everything about the past was better but I am using this computer happily enough and football wise love to watch and appreciate the likes of Ronaldinho, Rooney, Henry etc.

It is just that Leicester once had their own quality players too and I don't see many now and this at a time when Arsenal and Manchester United, in particular, positively fly for flag for the cause of attacking football.

I am pleased enough about McAuley from what's been said but I wasn't pleased about Brevett and I wasn't pleased about how we approached the end of the season so just now you have a long-time fan who believes Kelly has a right to make his name as manager but who I fear is too simple, sensible and cautious to make us into the something special that some of us want em to be.

When I hear less talk of signing more out and out battlers and more talk or us getting people who can work but also score goals, make goals and pass the ball then I'll be happy to share your optimism for the future.

The reasons we are financially poor are many.

But, apart from the shameful waste of the Peter Taylor era, one factor is that we have too many empty seats and since Taylor have signed far too many ordinary old players who weren't worth anything as assets and have not developed/signed enough talented young players (16-24) who would fit this criteria.

What I'd like is for City to be 'respected'. I'd like us to be respected for our approach to the game, our development of young players, our ground and our supporters that give nothing but positive support.

Respect is a two-way street. All of the threads that slag off the Trust, the new shirt, the players, the teams chances ~ all that negativity ~ it smacks of no respect.

If we are in it all together then it is time for some supporters to accept their part in the deal, that is the way to get other teams to respect us all. :)

Spot on. Well said.. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

You patronising corporate monkey <_<

Respect is earned, earned on the field of play and we haven't earned it in years. Our style of play is woeful and all this 'play-off' speak coming out of some of our support is doing us more harm than good.

The Club's admin doesn't have one iota of respect for the fans and haven't since we came out of administration - "thanks for the support you clowns now get back to being the losers we think you are" that is all these Execs have ever thought.

We are in it together, but not for the false reason you as an apologist or the Execs at LCFC wish to believe.

I'll support this team for life because that's the way it goes, but I have fuq all respect for Tim Davies and his cronies and even less for those that lap up all their bull-shilo. They day they leave will be the day that this Club re-discovers the respect that we used to have and more importantly it'll get the respect from the majority of the fans.

With "fans" like you, who needs sheep, trees or sky blues?

Ever heard of the word, "constructive"?

Please watch the German national team this summer. This will help you understand why 8 attacking players does not automatically = success. Even the Brazilans have midfielders who rarely or never score, players who sit back so their big four or five can get forward. This is down to today's game being more balanced then it was in the 60's. While you are quite right games used to be more entertaining, crowds used to be bigger and I believe tickets cost six pense or something stupid blah blah. It was 40 years ago! Football was a different game on all levels. Players were a damn sight more loyal, and the bigger clubs didnt have endless wage budgets, and most importantly we weren't extremely poor! Admitedly we could do with one or two flair midfielders and a winger. We all know your solution to that, unfortunately, I guarantee it won't produce the kind of end result you think it will!

Some good points there, once I sorted out the spelling errors so I could make sense of it..

Not only have we lost are reputation as a team, i think we have lost reputation as fans. Ive noticed the atmosphere is sumtimes abit dull downt he walkers and for those who go to home games you must of heard the shall we sing a song for you and your supposed to be at home song.

Not only have we lost are reputation as a team, i think we have lost reputation as fans. Ive noticed the atmosphere is sumtimes abit dull downt he walkers and for those who go to home games you must of heard the shall we sing a song for you and your supposed to be at home song.

That's universal - all away supporters sing more than home teams. Where was the last ground where you heard the crowd making a noise from start to finish? :unsure:

For me, it was when terraces got ripped out - it killed noise across the country. It took the soul of football and replaced it with sweaty bumcheeks. :angry:

As for 'lost our reputation as fans', I'd love to see that research. Who came top of the fans reputation league? :thumbup:

Seats were ripped out at all gorunds in the country, not just Leicester's, but many sets of fans still generate considerable atmospheres in their stadium. There's no point blaming the ground structure and decor - it is up to the fans to make the noise not murmurs...its doesn't matter if teh stadium resembles a shanty town or looks straight out of IKEA...

The single biggest reason for the poor atmosphere is the poor quality of football being played out in front of us for much of the last decade, even under MON the football was dire at times (is that blasphemy?)...under managers since then the level of entertainment has exponentionally plummeted!!

Many people have warmed to teams such as West Ham and Wigan because they attempt to play football how it should be played. Until we do that then unfortunately our ground will resemble a wake and opposition fans and teams will have nothing to admire or fear about us. Simple as.

I know it was the last day of the season and they were 2-0 up but it's a long time since I heard our fans sound anything like Southamptons did when we went down there this season. The variety of songs and the amount of people singing in full voice was very impressive and we have never had that in my lifetime.

That's universal - all away supporters sing more than home teams. Where was the last ground where you heard the crowd making a noise from start to finish? :unsure:

For me, it was when terraces got ripped out - it killed noise across the country. It took the soul of football and replaced it with sweaty bumcheeks. :angry:

As for 'lost our reputation as fans', I'd love to see that research. Who came top of the fans reputation league? :thumbup:

St. Mary's....and I don't know if it counts but us versus Palace.

Archived