Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxes til i die

Our reputation

Guest Gist

I think it is the same with the majority of the teams in this league. I don't think we fear anyone, likewise I don't think many teams fear us. This league is full of teams with the ability to beat one another. <_<

I agree of course there are teams with more ability but this league is more about consistency (sp)

I don't like the term 'fear'. Is it being used because of this 6.06.006 thing?

What I'd like is for City to be 'respected'. I'd like us to be respected for our approach to the game, our development of young players, our ground and our supporters that give nothing but positive support.

Respect is a two-way street. All of the threads that slag off the Trust, the new shirt, the players, the teams chances ~ all that negativity ~ it smacks of no respect.

If we are in it all together then it is time for some supporters to accept their part in the deal, that is the way to get other teams to respect us all. :)

What I'd like is for City to be 'respected'. I'd like us to be respected for our approach to the game, our development of young players, our ground and our supporters that give nothing but positive support.

Respect is a two-way street. All of the threads that slag off the Trust, the new shirt, the players, the teams chances ~ all that negativity ~ it smacks of no respect.

If we are in it all together then it is time for some supporters to accept their part in the deal, that is the way to get other teams to respect us all. :)

Nice post. :thumbup:

You patronising corporate monkey <_<

Respect is earned, earned on the field of play and we haven't earned it in years. Our style of play is woeful and all this 'play-off' speak coming out of some of our support is doing us more harm than good.

The Club's admin doesn't have one iota of respect for the fans and haven't since we came out of administration - "thanks for the support you clowns now get back to being the losers we think you are" that is all these Execs have ever thought.

We are in it together, but not for the false reason you as an apologist or the Execs at LCFC wish to believe.

I'll support this team for life because that's the way it goes, but I have fuq all respect for Tim Davies and his cronies and even less for those that lap up all their bull-shilo. They day they leave will be the day that this Club re-discovers the respect that we used to have and more importantly it'll get the respect from the majority of the fans.

I think we do have an amount of respect from other teams. You tell people you're a Leicester fan, and they say 'that's interesting' or 'oh yeah, the Foxes!' and you get a few questions with an amount of respect.

This is opposed to if you say you're a Man Utd fan, or Arsenal, or West Ham etc. where you get a scowl if you're lucky.

We're still true blue ;)

Administration, and the way the media portrayed it means that we will never or at least not in my life time regain the repect of other fans and clubs. We will be eternally classed as cheats whilst the likes of Denis Wise and Eric Hall are allowed to take their place in the football world and are feted by the corrupt media.

Not sure we were ever feared by Man U, The Arse, etc. I guess some teams did not like playing us because we were able to tip the form book up on occasions, and playing at Filbo was never easy for anyone under MON, but I think we were mostly 'not looked forward to' or even 'disliked a bit' because we punched above our weight.

Not sure we were ever feared by Man U, The Arse, etc. I guess some teams did not like playing us because we were able to tip the form book up on occasions, and playing at Filbo was never easy for anyone under MON, but I think we were mostly 'not looked forward to' or even 'disliked a bit' because we punched above our weight.

They feared us in the 60's i can assure you and probably the 70's and not because we had old players or played a long ball game.

You patronising corporate monkey <_<

Respect is earned, earned on the field of play and we haven't earned it in years. Our style of play is woeful and all this 'play-off' speak coming out of some of our support is doing us more harm than good.

The Club's admin doesn't have one iota of respect for the fans and haven't since we came out of administration - "thanks for the support you clowns now get back to being the losers we think you are" that is all these Execs have ever thought.

We are in it together, but not for the false reason you as an apologist or the Execs at LCFC wish to believe.

I'll support this team for life because that's the way it goes, but I have fuq all respect for Tim Davies and his cronies and even less for those that lap up all their bull-shilo. They day they leave will be the day that this Club re-discovers the respect that we used to have and more importantly it'll get the respect from the majority of the fans.

Cartman "Mum, kitty's being a dildo"

They feared us in the 60's i can assure you and probably the 70's and not because we had old players or played a long ball game.

You assure me of nothing. I don't think we have ever been a team to fear, we have never been more than a good side, even under Bloomfield or MON. Teams fear winners, the great sides, the sides full of internationals, OR teams like Wimbledon circa the 80's when they took the piss.

We have been a bugger to play, and capable of beating most teams at times, but feared? Why?

You assure me of nothing. I don't think we have ever been a team to fear, we have never been more than a good side, even under Bloomfield or MON. Teams fear winners, the great sides, the sides full of internationals, OR teams like Wimbledon circa the 80's when they took the piss.

We have been a bugger to play, and capable of beating most teams at times, but feared? Why?

That suggests you haven't been a fan for very long. Leicester were once considered one of the most difficult teams in england to beat - even by the likes of arguably the best sides ever produced by Manchester United, Liverpool and others.

I certainly don't intend to trade words with someone who never saw it but the crowds in those days were often close to double today's attendances so there's plenty who can still remember and if today's fans ever got the chance to see a youthful David Gibson take the field for their club today they would quickly be ecstatic.

People mention Gareth Williams as being talented but I can promise you comparing the two would be like comparing Coke and Cola. Gibson's skills were mindblowing. In his position there is no argument that he was the best Leicester ever had or are likely to have.

People mention modern legends like Steve Walsh (and I liked him as much as anyone) but Ian King was different class to Walsh as a centre-half and as for World Cup winner-to-be Gordon Banks in goal and Arsenal double winner Frank McLintock at half-back we had top grade internationals aplenty.

But we were also wonderfully well balanced team which every club in the land respected and, yes, even feared, because City on their day could beat anyone in the Football League and often did so with great style including Liverpool and Manchester United sides that were arguably the best ever seen.

Four FA CUP finals in one decade, League Cup success, top end of the first division that was the standard City set then instead of poncing about at the bottom of an indifferent Championship with a team of harriers and chasers and barely more than three attacking players to be seen at any one time.

Leicester in possession had eight attackers in those days including wingers and midfielders who all scored for fun. Now we seem to think we can get along with wingers and midfield players who never, or rarely score. One day the club will get an injection of realism into its thinking and start signing/developing some proper players.

But first the philosopophy has to be right. While club and fans are prepared to accept second best, even defend second best, that is precisely what we will get.

That suggests you haven't been a fan for very long. Leicester were once considered one of the most difficult teams in england to beat - even by the likes of arguably the best sides ever produced by Manchester United, Liverpool and others.

I certainly don't intend to trade words with someone who never saw it but the crowds in those days were often close to double today's attendances so there's plenty who can still remember and if today's fans ever got the chance to see a youthful David Gibson take the field for their club today they would quickly be ecstatic.

People mention Gareth Williams as being talented but I can promise you comparing the two would be like comparing Coke and Cola. Gibson's skills were mindblowing. In his position there is no argument that he was the best Leicester ever had or are likely to have.

People mention modern legends like Steve Walsh (and I liked him as much as anyone) but Ian King was different class to Walsh as a centre-half and as for World Cup winner-to-be Gordon Banks in goal and Arsenal double winner Frank McLintock at half-back we had top grade internationals aplenty.

But we were also wonderfully well balanced team which every club in the land respected and, yes, even feared, because City on their day could beat anyone in the Football League and often did so with great style including Liverpool and Manchester United sides that were arguably the best ever seen.

Four FA CUP finals in one decade, League Cup success, top end of the first division that was the standard City set then instead of poncing about at the bottom of an indifferent Championship with a team of harriers and chasers and barely more than three attacking players to be seen at any one time.

Leicester in possession had eight attackers in those days including wingers and midfielders who all scored for fun. Now we seem to think we can get along with wingers and midfield players who never, or rarely score. One day the club will get an injection of realism into its thinking and start signing/developing some proper players.

But first the philosopophy has to be right. While club and fans are prepared to accept second best, even defend second best, that is precisely what we will get.

Please watch the German national team this summer. This will help you understand why 8 attacking players does not automatically = success. Even the Brazilans have midfielders who rarely or never score, players who sit back so there big four or five can get foward. This is down to todays game being more balanced then it was in the 60's. While you are quite right games used to be more entertaining, crowds used to be bigger and I bealive tickets cost six pense or something stupid blah blah. It was 40 years ago! Football was a differnt game on all levels. Players ere a damn sight more loyal, and the bigger clubs didnt have endless wage budgets, and most importantly we weren't extremly poor! Admitedly we could do with one or two flair midfielders and a winger. We all know your solution to that unfortunatley, unfortuantely I gurantee it wont produce the kind of end reasult you think it will!

Also your shots at RK are unjust, he's signed one player Gareth Mcauley, just what you've always wanted a Defender who scores goals :rolleyes: The Media linked us to Micah Hyde ( a player who made our whole team looks stupid at the walkers ) and RK made it clear he wasnt intrested.

Archived