Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest seanfox778

psp owners

i'm thinking of getting one and i just wanted some opinions on if there worth buying

I got one from in the States when they came out and have loved it.

It has helped to pass the time in airports, railway stations and while waiting to collect my kids from school. With the 2 gig memory, I carry around a load of Simpsons, Family Guy & South Park. Plus, I have used it as an MP3 player at times.

Apart from one dead pixel I reckon the display is superb - but it suffers in direct sunlight.

Games ~ I have stuck to Tiger Woods & footy sims. I like GTA Liberty City too. My kids have loved playing Ape Escape.

It is one gadget that still gets big use in our house ... the number one ... beating the wireless headphones, the bread maker and the foot spa.

I love it :thumbup:

I havnt had mine that long but converted episodes of 24 into mp4 format and then put them onto it and it played them fine. Needed to buy some speakers to get the best quality sound but worked a treat to pass the hours away at work.

The music is easy enough to put onto it and the sound quality is decent and loud enough in my opinion.

As for games, I dont have many yet so:

Pro Evo 5 - disappointing and very frustrating at times especially if you have the ps2 version.

Mercury - its ok, passes the time but gets really annoying when you cant do a puzzle.

Virtua tennis - good game but a bit to easy so gives you a world tour mode to pass the time but that gets really repetitive after a while.

Lumines - this game is essential. Its like the new tetris and has taken over my life!!! The fact you can turn off your psp and resume later means that one game can go on for hours! SO addictive.

Football Manager 06 - I lost interest after getting sacked by Leicester but no doubt i'll play this game a lot when im on holiday in a few weeks. Pretty decent conversion from PC!

Horses for courses - not sure why Sony is any more 'evil' than Nitendo mind you :unsure:

'Cause they are a company that makes a profit on things they sell!! Crazy I know!!

Never trust a company that sells products at a loss, a bit strange in my opinion!!! And includes 'shipped' products as 'sales'. See evil!!!! :devil:;)

'Cause they are a company that makes a profit on things they sell!! Crazy I know!!

Never trust a company that sells products at a loss, a bit strange in my opinion!!! And includes 'shipped' products as 'sales'. See evil!!!! :devil:;)

Nope, don't get it.

Evil is a paedophile, evil is corporate raiding of retirement funds, evil is massaging stock figures to rip off investors, evil is murder, evil is attacking the elderly, evil is rape, evil is keeping people homeless, evil is not acting to prvent the spread of aids, evil is slavery, evil is the people trade ... evil has many forms but it sure as hell isn't a handheld consol manufacturer.

If I've got this wrong then I'm glad I don't believe in God. Swampy loves the PSP too...

Nope, don't get it.

Evil is a paedophile, evil is corporate raiding of retirement funds, evil is massaging stock figures to rip off investors, evil is murder, evil is attacking the elderly, evil is rape, evil is keeping people homeless, evil is not acting to prvent the spread of aids, evil is slavery, evil is the people trade ... evil has many forms but it sure as hell isn't a handheld consol manufacturer.

If I've got this wrong then I'm glad I don't believe in God. Swampy loves the PSP too...

QED! ;):thumbup:

Archived